p1-p2 head paint up

SUICIDALRAIDER

got this off ebay about a year ago......this thing is HUGE ....the size of this thing rivals that of a rubies..maybe even bigger. I was a really thin, bad quality casting ..and not rd407 latex....this was definately cast in natural pure rubber... not sure who's sculpt it is ...whether it P1 or P2..got tired of looking at it turning orange and decided to paint it up.most importantly is checkout the quills.....i had no sucsess with the sculpy bend and bake....i found silicone basting brushes and they looked pretty good.....but then while neandering around wallmart waiting for the wife to finish shopping :eek: i stumbled across these aquairium plants ....they work great!!!! i spryed them black ..snipped them off ...poked holes and glued them in....they stood a funny angles but once heated with a heat gun and smoothed in the direction you want them to lay with your hand waalaa!!! imho they look great and are really quick and easy. i figured i would consolidate my postings and post these together since they lended themselves to one another anyway :D .....ok ...im lazy

THATS LOOKS KILLER
thankyou. its about half way there...still needs more paint ...quills....im gonna try some fang carvings and jewelry...everything i do is an experiment,i very rarely stick to the plan i have going in....everything evolves on me and i end up going in a totally different direction than planned :D

"but then while neandering around wallmart waiting for the wife to finish shopping blink.gif i stumbled across these aquairium plants ....they work great!!!! i spryed them black ..snipped them off ...poked holes and glued them in....they stood a funny angles but once heated with a heat gun and smoothed in the direction you want them to lay with your hand waalaa!!! imho they look great and are really quick and easy."

It's **** like that which makes this forum and it's members fantastic. Seriously, the creativity and improvisation is amazing. Great job on the mask...the finished piece should be stellar.

nice, them teeth look mean as ****!
thank B lol i had to put the top ones in a few times to get them to point down. the way that mask was sculpted his top teeth stuck almost straight out...he looked like a billybob predator :D i should have taken a pic it looked funny as ****!

"but then while neandering around wallmart waiting for the wife to finish shopping blink.gif i stumbled across these aquairium plants ....they work great!!!! i spryed them black ..snipped them off ...poked holes and glued them in....they stood a funny angles but once heated with a heat gun and smoothed in the direction you want them to lay with your hand waalaa!!! imho they look great and are really quick and easy."

It's **** like that which makes this forum and it's members fantastic. Seriously, the creativity and improvisation is amazing. Great job on the mask...the finished piece should be stellar.
:D thanks bud...its like hitting the lottery when i stumble across something like this :eek: and then i cant wait to try it out and then post it here if it actually works

got this off ebay about a year ago......this thing is HUGE ....the size of this thing rivals that of a rubies..maybe even bigger. I was a really thin, bad quality casting ..and not rd407 latex....this was definately cast in natural pure rubber... not sure who's sculpt it is ...whether it P1 or P2..got tired of looking at it turning orange and decided to paint it up.most importantly is checkout the quills.....i had no sucsess with the sculpy bend and bake....i found silicone basting brushes and they looked pretty good.....but then while neandering around wallmart waiting for the wife to finish shopping i stumbled across these aquairium plants ....they work great!!!! i spryed them black ..snipped them off ...poked holes and glued them in....they stood a funny angles but once heated with a heat gun and smoothed in the direction you want them to lay with your hand waalaa!!! imho they look great and are really quick and easy. i figured i would consolidate my postings and post these together since they lended themselves to one another anyway o_O .....ok ...im lazy :lol:
a little progress on this giant pred head....eyes in....all quills in and dreads are going in slowly but its coming together nicely.

Those quills, way to incorporate nature into your work.... Now if only i can find some of those trees in China. :)

Green eyed monster
yea bud the green looks pretty good...i got them from my friends at monstermakers....they didnt have any animal looking eyes.......first time i put eyes in a pred....his one eye looks alittle lazy or like it drifts a bit :) hes given you guys the laaaaaaaazy eye!!

no fake aquarium plants in china bud?

You're a freakin genius. I'm looking into it now. I'm still on the hunt for a nice big head full faced mask. Any recommendations?

Dreads are still on back order from Bambooie. I gotta wait 3 weeks for a set - he needs a small factory.

You're a freakin genius. I'm looking into it now. I'm still on the hunt for a nice big head full faced mask. Any recommendations?

Dreads are still on back order from Bambooie. I gotta wait 3 weeks for a set - he needs a small factory.
i got this humungo head from a dude in 'i believe vegas over a year ago on ebay and i havent seen any like it since. when i bought it i didnt realize it was so big....it about the size of a rubie's!!!!i was a good cast just very thin....then i tried my hand at foam filling it....it poured over and it sucked !!got all over the outside of the mask...spent a ton of time trying to get as much off as i could.....then figured its either paint it up or trash it....i guessed the paint would hide the foam i couldnt get off pretty well...if you look close...looking at the mask, the left side looks trashy becuase of the foam on it :) but i got to experiment on it and it turned out good enough to keep. As far as the plastic plant ..they do work great...1 thing i would suggest to anyone going this route is use the plastic fusion paint so it grabs better i used a straight flat black on them and as you can see it flaked off on some of the quills. And yea, booie has the best foam dreads in the galaxy!!! i will pick a set up soon.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back