P1 Mask sculpt

Dakath

I've been working allready for a few days on the sculpt of a P1 mask.

Here's a picture of the sculpt from a few days ago, I'm buying a new camera tomorrow so expect new pics soon.

It's the first time I'm doing a mask and I must say that it is quit fun :)

There is a foam mannekin head on the inside that I use for armature and still I allready used about 25 KG of clay (plastiline) and still counting.

ScreenShot029-1.jpg

ScreenShot033-1.jpg

ScreenShot029-1.jpg

ScreenShot033-1.jpg

Thanks guy's!

I had some problems sleeping last night and because I took the day off from work today, I did the sculpting graveyardshift :(

The face and forehead are finished, next is the backside and the neck.

The pics are not that great, sorry for that.

ScreenShot050-2.jpg

ScreenShot048-2.jpg

ScreenShot049-1.jpg

ScreenShot050-2.jpg

ScreenShot048-2.jpg

ScreenShot049-1.jpg

looks fantastic! the only thing i can give you advice is to take another look at the right eye...from the front veiw. to me looks like its in a little to much but i may be wrong , but great job!

Thanks for the advice ;-)

In the front view picture it seems it is crossed eyed, but when you see it in real it looks oké.

And it is almost done.

I've made the dreadholes and removed the toolmarks. It has got 29 dreadholes. Most of the time we don't hang 50 dreads on a mask and for preventing that some empty holes are shown, that's why I reduced the amount of holes. I remember that a BB Wolf mask also has got 30 dreadholes so this would work fine.

The only thing to do is to smooth the neck and ad some details in it, also under the chin.

ScreenShot070.jpg

ScreenShot064.jpg

I hope I've got some time left this weekend to make the clay wall and keys.

ScreenShot070.jpg

ScreenShot064.jpg

Looking good man! Everything on the lair just make me want to get to work on my suit!Can't wait to see this finished!
Take care,Hector

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back