P1 mask ,.......in progress

Philby

i'm doing this as a journey thread ,......so bare with me on progress,........

pics start at post 6

comments and advice welcome,.....

EDIT----pics of revised predator start on page 3

010.JPG

011.JPG

The cast of your face, looks strikingly like the head of the Mummy of Ramses the Second. Just thought I'd let you know. ;>

ha ha ha right on thats what i was going for,......not really but i'm cool with that ,....

got the basil gogos mummy on my innerarm .........and work for an egyptian ,....pretty close aye ?

look down there for more progress

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

make sure you keep that clay moist. don't want cracks to ruin it.

it's hard to tell with your angles. take some pics straight on and in profile. but from what i can tell you got the shapes going good. looks like you are going to make it smaller than the 1:1 heads. which is fine because you probably aren't 7 foot.

make sure you keep that clay moist. don't want cracks to ruin it.

it's hard to tell with your angles. take some pics straight on and in profile. but from what i can tell you got the shapes going good. looks like you are going to make it smaller than the 1:1 heads. which is fine because you probably aren't 7 foot.

will do thanks man =) ,.......and nah i'm not quite 7 foot .....6'3" ......mandibles and texture needs redone but.......

here's some revised pics,.....was pointless to me to have the very biggining

023.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
look at you ..only in hand a few hours ..better hurry up Jason!

ha haha ,.....told ya,......like i said i never saw one in person before......you see these all day ,....ha ha ha

just testing with the paint really ,.....i plan on sanding back down the parts that need it ,....
just seeing if silver with a dust of walnut looks good or not,......

Like the head design a lot. Especially the shape of the upper mandibles. Very individual look to him so far. I'm curious to see how the... uhh, tattoos/lettering, come out. Right now, I could go either way with them.

Like the head design a lot. Especially the shape of the upper mandibles. Very individual look to him so far. I'm curious to see how the... uhh, tattoos/lettering, come out. Right now, I could go either way with them.

they're probably not gonna stay,....
i don't really sculpt at all so i'm just trying things out too see how to pull them off,....
trying to get smooth kinda " cut-out " things down ,......not really working for me so they'll be gone,.....

i saw the predator alphabet on here somewhere so i might put something like that on him somewhere,.....
i like the things on his upper mandibles,.....just not the ones that are on there,.....ha ha ha

thanks for the input bro,,.......i'm tryin,......it's dog-**** compared to other sculpts on here but,....
i gotta start somewhere,.......

got fiberglass today so i'm gonna get the bio done first ,....
i kinda started backwards because i'm impatient,....

can't say i have any advice for the texture. since you are using tera cotta clay, it's a dif consistancy that takes detail differently. maybe try using a moist paper towel to smooth out the harder details. so that your lines aren't so defined. or a sponge

can't say i have any advice for the texture. since you are using tera cotta clay, it's a dif consistancy that takes detail differently. maybe try using a moist paper towel to smooth out the harder details. so that your lines aren't so defined. or a sponge

right on thanks,.....
i slopped some thin slag-goop over deep spots ,.....took away alot of the scraped look ,.....
plan on getting it real watery tomorrow and sponging it to death to get it back to the roots
ha h aha ,.....one of them things where i should have just left it alone,.....

oh well,......i'm learnin

I like it! Looks very evil and bad ass!!
Keep it up!!

thanks buddy ,....it's slow and tedious but i'd like to think i'm figuring out a few things ..
(( thanks to you guys ))

once i figure out texture i'll see if i can cast this damn thing and see how it looks painted,....
about to start a baby-predator mask for kids,.......
never really seen one so ,...

I like it. Kind of looks gargoylei-sh or if Viktor from "Underworld" was a pred.

y1pb9ecycigh1agaxctjbfp.jpg.png

I'm digging the angular lines and rougher looking texture. Almost like he's a hardened sand blasted desert pred.

all around digging it man. great work.

here's how the bio turned out,.....don't know if you can see the lenses but i used metal screen tinted blue,......

don't think i like it,......i need smoked lenses

167935.JPG

167936.JPG

here's how it looked before detail ,...
put it on the sculpt to see if any spots were too big .....
001.JPG

all for now,......

cool!!! i very very impressed, your work is amazing.
what type of clay is that you using??

oh i won't lie,.....i grabbed the only thing i could find at michaels ,....
waterbased natural clay by ,....uhm,.....amaco i believe

think it's meant for coil pots because it's a non-kiln clay ,....
don't know,.......it works well but it's very thirsty ....

thanks for the compliment buddy,.....i'mma learning

so i got started on pieces for the armor,......will end up just molding them to make it one fluid piece,....
so i wasted time trying to find a gray rubbermaid tub,......

anyway here's a couple different styles ,......need dremelling but...
004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

and here's howya do it,.....
002.JPG

003.JPG

all for now,........

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back