P1 mask ,.......in progress

nah thats fine,...because i fuggin hate the bio ,....ha ha ha

might try to save it,.....but i didn't really leave play room under it so it probably won't fit,....
might mold it before i destroy just to have one to hang on the wall as a " first try " kinda thing,...

as far as the alien thing i'm probably gonna do more of a skeleton kinda thing with it,....
just quick drew the idea to have it on the shoulder,.....i'm sure it's been done,...but i can't find it,...

gotta figure out how to stack on top of the old armor,.....might tear apart and cast each piece by itself with the upgrades,...

alot for me to think about and no money to do it yet so ,.....
it's coming though,.....

thanks for the props guys,....and definately the advice,.....i need outside eyes to see it the right way,....

P

alienskullbell.jpg

hope you don't mind but i decided to take your concept into photoshop. might help be easier to see it for you? just a quick mock up, please excuse the size and crudeness of it, this was a bit of a rough job. even without the bottom jaw its still easily recognizable as an Alien skull. i think you should do it, i bet if you casted them and sold them you'd be able to roll over a lot of money quick.

wow rabbit,.....thats awesome lookin man,......i'll probably do it a bit bigger but,.....makes it look possible,.....

thanks for takin time to mock that up for me bro ,.......i'll try to make it good enough to be sell-able,....
just trying things right now though,........

might make 2 or 3 ,......see what happens,.... :)

thanks again bud,...

P

( started molds tonight ,...starting with the bio incase things go to **** )

figure i'll just put everything in one big topic to conserve space,.....
started on a berserker but i got alot to re-do it looks like so ,....

jaw looks kinda huge and the alignment is off a bit,.....also notice now the eyes aren't shaped right yet ,....

not a bad start though i guess,.........
013.JPG

019.JPG

let me know what else needs what ,.... o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys,.....i'm never happy with alignment so ,....i'm gonna work on it more,....
jujst a progress shot to show what else i got goin on ,....

i'm kinda scared abouyt when i get to the full skins,....
gonna have to do some reading on here and make sure i know how in my head first ,...
then try it in real-life,... o_O

Hey man, just seen your build its coming together great.
These are actually the original basic concept for bio skin and armour i did for Mike Brady just before christmas... great minds think alike, :p
They're pretty similiar to yours...
Anyway, i hope you like em and if you need any help with anything let me know...

dscn0561v.jpg.png

35405238.jpg.png

88578500.jpg.png

Philby man, I'm loving the pauldron and cuirass you've got pictured there. Exactly the way I want to do my armour. Now I know for sure it can be made and not look like a trashbarrel SCA hardsuit. ;> Combined with the head sculpt you're working so far, that's going to be complete win.

Hey man, just seen your build its coming together great.
These are actually the original basic concept for bio skin and armour i did for Mike Brady just before christmas... great minds think alike, :rolleyes:
They're pretty similiar to yours...
Anyway, i hope you like em and if you need any help with anything let me know...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philby:

Figures,.....i knew there'd be something like that on here SOMEWHERE,.....ha h aha looks awesome man,...
i might still do something like that but,......still got ideas brewin,....thanks for the props man,.....
had a little mishap with a mold but,.....the re-sculpt i think came out better so ,......

slowprogress,...........this thread might last for 7 years.......... :lol:

Philby man, I'm loving the pauldron and cuirass you've got pictured there. Exactly the way I want to do my armour. Now I know for sure it can be made and not look like a trashbarrel SCA hardsuit. ;> Combined with the head sculpt you're working so far, that's going to be complete win.

thanks dude,.....i hope so ,....... might end up doing the pieces in resin ,....so kinda wasted time looking for a grey rubbermaid tub but...
oh well ,.....can re-use i guess,........

first resin pull of the bio i designed,....still needs clipped and drilled and sanded ,....here it is fresh out....

017.JPG

012.JPG

and the resculpt of the berserker
016.JPG

all for now,.....

ha ha right on brad,......

yea it sucks because i gotta make him a smidge smaller so that he'll fit on the shoulder and not look over-kill,....

problem is i want to make a full alien head anyway so ,.....
figure i'll make 2 full size,....then cut one in half to wrap over the shoulder on the armor,....

plus i ****** up and forgot to mold his dome first before i sculpt his under-skull,....

so basically i need to almost start over,.......
lookied at steve wang's AVP sculpts ,.....but couldn't print pics at home so ,.....

i'll do it justice ,......i hope,........ha ha

thanks dooood

started another pred 1 ,.......last one went somewhere else,.....
i'm trying for accurate on this one,.......... :)

005.JPG

006.JPG

went ahead and did a cast ven though the mold didn't hold up very well,.....teeth detail was gone ,.....
anyway ,......here's how it ended up ,.....probably a repaint and add real teeth but,....
015.JPG

017.JPG

i'll redo it once i get a sculpt i'm happy with,.....
learning as i go ,.......

thanks man,......kinda learning as i go ,......
i tried to do it all cave-man style at first but,.....now i know why you can't do it any other way ,...ha ha ha

i'll leave the pristine perfection to everyone else,.....

:D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back