P1 Laser And Blade Scene

BoSkarr

okay, so here is a question i have about the scene in Predator, when Dutch is getting ready, it has a tri-laser and is beaming it up and down the wrist blades.
Was it cleaning them, or did it think it would have been a quick fight and it wanted that hot knife through butter effect?
It is the only question I have about the movie.

He was sterilizing them. The Predator is very concerned about health and hygiene.
He did not want to risk the possibility of causing Dutch to contract an infection.
Think about how bad the Predator would feel if, when he stabbed a commando in the neck, that victim contracted staphylococcus or hep-C.

This was brought up some time back and the overall consensus here on the boards was that like samauri they clean their blades after each kill or before battle. Heat wouldn't sharpen the blades per say but enough heat would cleanse them. Simple really, when you think about it.

All of your ideas make sense even yours, chickenjug, no Predator wants an AIDs ridled skull on their mantle piece

He was sterilizing them. The Predator is very concerned about health and hygiene.
He did not want to risk the possibility of causing Dutch to contract an infection.
Think about how bad the Predator would feel if, when he stabbed a commando in the neck, that victim contracted staphylococcus or hep-C.
LOL, Predator concerned with hygiene?...Now that's some funny stuff right there. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Predator, but the Predator looks like he hasn't bathed in months. I've always had the impression he was just performing some basic blade maintenance. Maybe some sharpening, smoothing out nicks. I also believe he was doing this already, when Dutch "called" him to battle.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back