P1 Head Sculpt

PredatorX98

So, i thought it was about time i started my first sculpt, so, i did. I have about a full week none stop that i can work on this because of school holidays, then i have to use the time that i can get. My mum managed to find some Super Sculpey at one of our art sotres, but it was expensive :unsure: about $30 for 1lbs...and they only had 2lbs, so $60 . Anyway onto the pictures! I only got some of the face done until my fingers started to ache.
So thanks for looking and any critique is welcome!
IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

(i apologise if i did this wrong or put it in the wrong section :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice start!!! sculpey is really expensive for a full head you will need tons the best way is clay
are you going to make a mask or a bust?

Um im planning on making a mask, and there is no way i am going to use all Super Sculpey :D. Its really good for building, but its hard to find where i am and its expensive.
Thanks for the comment!

Update:
IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

Basically all i've done is fixed up the right (its left) mandibles, and made them joined up. I have made the teeth for it, but i had them taken out because i wanted to see what it looked like without them in. Looks like he's gonna gum you to death :DThanks for looking!
(comments and critique welcomed)

Update:
IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

I finished the other mandibles, but realised the skin in the middle didnt stretch out far enough so im fixing that at the moment.
Thanks!

wow...thats cool ive tried to find any clay at all but all ive found are dead ends...and empty shelves (im in auz for some reason NOONE sells clay...)

Im in Australia also, and i know what you mean about finding clay, it took me 3 shops before i found this, and it was bloddy expensive! Not to mention the staff in shops arent helpful, but thanks!

tell me about it ive searched every bloody art store and warehouse for it and all i can find is stuff that cost OVER $30 FOR A lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive got a lot more cars to clean until i can aford an of that stuff.....unless mums in a reaaly goood mood...mwahahahahaaa

Haha i got this stuff at a store called Spotlight, i dont know which state your in, so it might not be in your state, but its a really good art store, so you should check it out (y)
(p.s. woo 100th comment! xD)

im in WA yeah we have one but its a bit of a drive....im sure mumll take me....if im reeeeeaaalllly nice and suck up to her i.e make dinner. :D

Haha, well hopefully they'll have some clay or plasticine in stock for you! My mum was the one who found the Super Sculpey, its like they have eagle vision or something!

i know, my mum and i went to the shop for some sort of soup packet thinhy ma jig. we spend half an hour searching the shelves for it amongest all these other packets of stuff that look exacly the same....just as were walking out of the shelf she grabs the packet that she say out of the corner of her eye...awkward..

Yeah, those things happen alot. You'd also want to get a variety of clay tools, they'll come in SUPER handy when making the sculpt, just a question, will you also be making a mask? Because i saw your topic in How to build a pred costume, and was unsure if you were gonna make a head and bio, or just a bio for yourself.

im gonna make a mask as in unmasked pred/under bio mask, and maybe if i can persuade my dad to get some more helicopter (model of corse) pieces i might make it mildly animatronic.

I buy my chavant nsp in ebay, here in puerto rico they dont have any shops with clay, resin, prosaid, foam,etc,. Its dificult to do my stuff some time because i have to be ordering from the states, and the shipping sometimes are good but sometimes vverry expensive, and keep at your sculpt, its taking shape

Thanks made007! The only reason i dont buy my stuff online because my parents have a thing about buying things online, so i have to find them instore, which is a pain.

But its just clay, maybe you can talk with them, chavant nsp its like 9$ for 2 lbs, and they combine shipping, i think its best you could find, good luck :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back