P1 Complete Gauntlet

cyberpred

Sr Member
I have been looking all over the youtube world and have seen all the really cool ideas for gauntlets there are out there. A while ago I offered to help those of you that were interested how to achieve the Countdown Effect. Not many were really interested. It appears that now there may be.

After fixing the Sound Board my electronic juices are flowing again.

I would like to see who would be interested in making as close as we can a true replica of the Count Down Gauntlet. We would start with the top. We now have the luxury to see how the original worked.

There is a Breathing Circuit. A number of Sequential Circuits.

We will be using CMOS for current saving.

This will be a true tutorial. You will be building your own circuits and understanding how they work. That way if there is a problem you will know how to fix it because you built it.

If interested let me know here and I will start a Tutorial Thread.

As I said we will work on the top which has a Breathing Circuit in the lower left corner. This is either white or yellow. There is also a portion of that circuit used in the targeting display directly above it. The X has one side that breaths while the other is a pulsed on and off.

I will also show you when you lift the lid that the top circuit will turn off and the bottom countdown will turn on. You will also be able to adjust the speed of the sequencing as well as the turn off time of each window, That way you can match your sound effect with the display.

I have seen that people use stamps and pics for their displays. I will not as the effect is not the same. I will be using discrete components. Quad Nand Gates for clocks. Decade Counters for sequencing.

Let me know.

Cary

Hey Cary,

sounds absolutly great as I started already yesterday with createing up a more accurate detonation gauntlet top from the 2 on youtube showed vids of the original one.

So I would be more than happy if I would get any work with the electronics for insidee of the top piece and also the countdown.

Would you also use these Arduino boards?

Greetings Guido

No Arduino Board. The way I am doing it will be the simplest and cost effective way to do it.

Do you know anyone who has a good replica of the top and bottom Gauntlet? One thing that is important when doing this is room. Everything will be pin point wiring. Will take some effort on the persons part. Will be well worth it though.

I have noticed that the hinge seems to be a problem for the top and bottom because of room. I am going to use a tube that has been sectioned. Some sections will be on the top edge some on the bottom. When both top and bottom sections are put together to form the tube a rod is run through them. Thus forming a hinge.

Waiting to see if enough people are interested.

Cary

Do you know anyone who has a good replica of the top and bottom Gauntlet? One thing that is important when doing this is room. Everything will be pin point wiring. Will take some effort on the persons part. Will be well worth it though.

That´s exactly what I was looking for but did not found myself. So I thought to myself O.K. why not try to do something on my own and I started with it yesterday. I´m working with Andino would from Graupner which is a wood that would be used for model planes. Today it´s to early to show something as I also have to get more wood on monday but I think I´m able to show some results by end of next week.

Greetings Guido

I am surprised by the lack of interest. Well I am building one and will post a vid. Will be a nice addition to my collection.

Cary

I am surprised by the lack of interest. Well I am building one and will post a vid. Will be a nice addition to my collection.

Cary

Ha ..trust me Cary..post that vid and you will see alot of interest..I think the mechanics involved are over many folks heads ..your tutorial would prove invaluable

i love the sound of this

i really really want my mander P1 bomb gaunt to be electrical!!!

if you really want you can do it for me

Actually I was asking to buy one. I did not expect to get a free one as I plan on keeping it once it is done.

My email address is Ladyt1@email.com

First thing I want to do is make sure that those of you who want to do this need to get yourself a proto board to experiment on. I will give a list of components to get.

We will start with a simple clock. For those of you who do not know what that is it is a circuit that will send out a pulse. The length of the pulse will be determined by how much charge and discharge time there is.

But first a protoboard. ;)

Cary :D

Here is a good one with a good amount of supplies to start with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3220-pts-solderless-br...=item3cb12026d0

We will also want to get a few 4011 2 Input Quad Nand Gates(For Clocks), 4017 Decade Counters(For Sequencing LEDS) and CA3082 Transister Arrays(For Jacking Up Current). You can find them here.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=4011+quad...6.c0.m270.l1313

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=4017+Deca...6.c0.m270.l1313

Also LEDS. Once you get all this together you will want to get some capacitors,resisters, pots etc. We will get to all that once you have your Protoborad and chips.

If you have never worked with electronics here is what to expect. When you hook up your circuit that you yourself build, and the led starts flashing it will be a very exciting moment. Well it was for me. ;)

Cary :D

I'm really interested in learning how to do this, I've always struggled with electronics so any help would be great, as long as I can get the equivalent bits and pieces in the uk, then count me in, Derek

Same problem here as I also need to get first the items here in germany for sure that it would be all no problem for me.

Greetings Guido

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back