p1 colour scheme/palet

predatron

hi guys!so iv just about got everything ready to start my "mr i. method" skins but im struggling a little to find what the exact,or very similar colours are for a P1

iv seen many people use different colours ect but im wanting to get mine as close to the movie as possible,if anyone could recommend brands with specific colours for the airbrush that would be a god send,cheers

There are no "specific" colors bro! The screen used colors were never taken under natural lighting so there are a lot of options since the color varies from picture to picture. Even the armor looks different under fluorescent lights and different again in the movie.

As for the skin -the base tone is anywhere from a pale white color to a yellowish white. The next tone I've seen anywhere between brown and orange. Spots range from black to brown, so you see there really is no cookie-cutter color scheme with perfect pre-selected choices. Its all dependant on what YOU think looks good.

There are no "specific" colors bro! The screen used colors were never taken under natural lighting so there are a lot of options since the color varies from picture to picture. Even the armor looks different under fluorescent lights and different again in the movie.

Which brings up a very good point. You really need to decide if it's on display under flourescents, blue light (Mimiced natural), will be worn and seen in the dark, etc. Lighting plays a huge role and needs to be taken into consideration during the color selection process. If you go to Home Depot, they have a light box set up that mimics different lighting conditions. Next time you're in there, check it out. Just grab any color swatch and flip through the options. You'll better understand. Then, you can go in with any color chart and see what looks right in whatever conditions you plan on displaying your project. Anywho, that's my two cents...

Which brings up a very good point. You really need to decide if it's on display under flourescents, blue light (Mimiced natural), will be worn and seen in the dark, etc. Lighting plays a huge role and needs to be taken into consideration during the color selection process. If you go to Home Depot, they have a light box set up that mimics different lighting conditions. Next time you're in there, check it out. Just grab any color swatch and flip through the options. You'll better understand. Then, you can go in with any color chart and see what looks right in whatever conditions you plan on displaying your project. Anywho, that's my two cents...

thanks guys,i mean yeah i know there is no rule of thumb as such and i have noticed the colours are somewhat overcompensated in the movie so they show up better in dark,i was just looking for maybe a brand and a few base colours.but yeah i noticed all kinds of crazy greens and stuff in the armor in daylight.cheers

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back