P1 bio for MonkeyRaff

hez1

MonkeyRaff has asked if I'd update him on his P1 bio as it goes along, and I figured a few people might like to see it as well.

Without further ado, here's the pics and description of what's going on...

1) Bio trimmed, gets a coat of black primer.
IMG_2380.jpg.gif

2) Next step is to sponge on some silver, all over the bio
IMG_2382.jpg.gif

3) Once the silver is dry, I sprayed a light coat of black over it, sponging it off as I went. The silver is still faintly visible underneath.
IMG_2383.jpg.gif

4) Sponged more silver onto it, but this time I lightly rubbed it down with a green scouring pad to take the shine off and make it a lot duller.
IMG_2384.jpg.gif

5) Sprayed some brown onto it in various spots and rubbed that down with the scourer, then sponged some black over a lot of the bio, and rubbed that with the scourer too.
IMG_2387.jpg.gif

6) Sponged more silver on top, and rubbed it with the scourer before it has a chance to dry so it kind of smears a little and looks more like worn metal than sponged on paint.
IMG_2391.jpg.gif

More tomorrow!

IMG_2380.jpg.gif

IMG_2382.jpg.gif

IMG_2383.jpg.gif

IMG_2384.jpg.gif

IMG_2387.jpg.gif

IMG_2391.jpg.gif

Thanks Paul it looks really great and it is a really nice huntorial on how to paint a bio too. Hez's bios are one of the bests, don't hesitate everyone if you want to buy a really good bio.

It ain't done yet...

7) This is where keeping track of it in pics gets a little tricky. For this step I've simply added layers of silver and black, scouring as I do. Each layer has been sponged on depending on where I think it needs it. Also put some blast marks in.
IMG_2392.jpg.gif

8) Sorry for the crappy pic, the light was fading fast and my camera doesn't do low light very well. Darkened it down some in preparation for the final layers going on tomorrow, which will almost all be silver.
IMG_2393.jpg.gif

And finally, I had a couple of PM's asking about equipment, since they didn't have none of them fancy airbrushin' kits...well, neither do I. I swear, this is everything I use, besides the primer. Paints are brown, black and silver.
IMG_2394.jpg.gif

Final pics coming tomorrow!

IMG_2392.jpg.gif

IMG_2393.jpg.gif

IMG_2394.jpg.gif

Thanks folks! Here is the final pics before lense/LEDs are installed.

For this I sponged on more silver, redid some of the blast marks and tried in general to lighten it up in certain places.
IMG_2408.jpg.gif

And a second one in different light.
IMG_2407.jpg.gif

IMG_2408.jpg.gif

IMG_2407.jpg.gif

And the final result...It's sitting on a monsterroom mask (full face, not a half mask), and has my dreads and beads attached.

IMG_2412.jpg.gif

IMG_2413.jpg.gif

IMG_2412.jpg.gif

IMG_2413.jpg.gif

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back