P. Mander's Wolf head

Pred Haster

Hello.

I decided to paint the Pete Mander's Wolf head I bought last year. This is my first attempt to paint a pred mask. Not an easy task at all... :lol:
I used acrylics paints but no airbrush.
The most difficult point for me was to make the spots without an airbrush. I will propably repaint it when I can put a hand on one.
I should have taken pictures without flash, because in reality the spots are less black...
I was thinking to add some brown between the green and flesh areas... Don't know if it is a good option. :D
I still have to make the veins in the mouth, add the theet and a polyurethane vernish (like permawet).

Comments are welcome because I think this bad boy can still be improved a lot.

p6150024.th.jpg.png

p6150028.th.jpg.png

p6150027.th.jpg.png

Thanks for the kind words !

I finally finished it today. I added the teeth and painted them. I also made the veins in the inner right jaw with red and violet markers pens.
I also put a polyurethane vernish on the mask.

With flash :

p6160024.jpg.png

And without flash (sorry for the bad quality of the pics):

p6160027.jpg.png
p6160028.jpg.png
p6160029.jpg.png
p6160031.jpg.png

I would like to find some glass eyes for it (like the wolf pred) but I don't know where looking for. Can someone tell me where order them ?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back