OWK AOTC/ROTS salt shaker saber on auction at Celbration

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Gene just sent me these pics of the prop store display at Celebration.

received_282137449391815.jpeg
received_282137449391815.jpeg
received_345491346098693.jpeg
received_427797224458345.jpeg
received_334115800641555.jpeg

Here's my two cents on this prop.

I don't think it was made for TPM. The activation button and led bezels are different then any of the ones used on any of the props on that film.

There are pics of it on the set of rots. So, the prop was either made for sith or was made for aotc to replace a lost metal hero and then modified for sith.

Thanks for posting, I always like these prototype or never used props. I wonder why the blade emitter had 3 holes, none of the PQ sabers neglected to at least have a hole for the rod

There are a few (at least 1) on-set photos of this prop from ROTS. Apparently Obi was going to start the movie with this saber but lose it early on and replace it with the known EP3 saber but that idea was scrapped and instead he just always has the EP3 saber.

I believe those on-set photos were actually early costume/lighting/camera/whatever test photos, taken in Padme’s apartment set. There are photos of Christensen in the same set, probably taken around the same time.

A8F8D3F0-558F-456A-8B38-97217EC52343.jpeg
3AD1537A-BE62-4457-B3FA-D1944FBB1F9D.jpeg

I would guess that the prop department made the salt shaker saber just in case Lucas decided to transition from the TMP/AOTC style prop to the ANH style during ROTS. So, that prop, already being on hand, was used for the photo session. Of course, Kenobi ended up starting out in the film with the ANH-style saber.

Nice saber wish it saw some screen time. Is this particular prop all metal? Could have sworn I saw a resin bump/ indent near the emitter. Could just be light trick

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back