OUTLAND beer can

Demetrios2177

Hey, all!
As I'm quite obsessed with Peter Hyams' 1981 movie "Outland", I wanted to have what I perceive to be a beer can from that film. There is
one scene in which Sgt. Montone (James B. Sikking) helps himself to a drink. I always assumed it was beer for some reason, though it
might as well be some sort of coke or coffee thing.

Con-Am beer can Montone screenshot-small.png

Con-Am Lager 20 - v-small.png

Anyway, it's a can I wanted to have.

So, this is what I have come up with. Almost everything about it is guesswork, of course, as I only had some blu-ray screenshots to go
on. Unfortunately, the only customizable beer cans I have found here in Germany are 250 ml or 8.45 oz., which is rather small, but still
better than nothing. So I adjusted the label size to the required 1710x1290, and this is it:

Con-Am beer can - 2015-06-15 final.png

I hope you like it. I'm quite happy with the outcome, and I had some fun doing the health and safety warnings on the back. They read:

WARNING: (1) CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IMPAIRS YOUR ABILITY TO USE MACHINERY, AND MAY CAUSE
HEALTH PROBLEMS.
(2) CON-AM EMPLOYEES ARE OBLIGATED UNDER SECTION B2 OF THE STANDARD CONTRACT TO PROVIDE CAPABILITY TO
FULFILL THEIR CONTRACTUAL DUTY. INFRINGEMENT OF SAID OBLIGATION WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF ENTITLEMENT
TO ANY COMPENSATION IN CASE OF HEALTH PROBLEMS OR INJURY. ACT RESPONSIBLY.
(3) ACCORDING TO THE SURGEON GENERAL, WOMEN SHOULD NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES DURING PREGNANCY
BECAUSE OF THE RISK OF BIRTH DEFECTS.

In case anybody is interested, I'd be happy to adjust the label format to any size you require. Just drop me a note.

Cheers!

Update:

Nearly forgot this: I made a version of the "League of Industrial Nations" logo to incorporate it in b/w into the label.
Maybe you find it useful:

Update: Since I've only now figured out how to do transparent backgrounds for PNGs, I've uploaded a better League logo version.

League Logo final.png

Attachments

• League Logo final.png
    League Logo final.png
    459 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
It just occurred to me that the screen used League logo actually looks like this:

outlander-cumminsbluesuit7.jpg~original.jpg

So, I went over my PNG again to get as close as possible.

League Logo - original colour scheme_final 01-small.png

Again, here's the original size file:

League Logo - original colour scheme_final 01.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back