Our TDKR 'Bane' costume... {Finished}

lharles

Sr Member
This is what we wound up with. :)
{UPDATE: 06/03/2016 -- FB album, http://bit.ly/1U3dQOX , as all my old pics have gone bye-bye on ye' ol' RPF... :) }

{The first pic - the close up - is from a day or two before we actually finished the pants & did final weathering on the belt/over-vest.}

The build thread is here...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

We didn't make the mask, (not enough time - we purchased an unpainted mask from eBay), but did the painting/weathering.

We modified a black thermal for the base shirt, (cutting to the look of the screencaps we had - my son insisted on wearing a t-shirt under it, every time - :) -).

We modified some used, faded tactical/cargo pants purchased from a local surplus store - adding knee pads purchased from a thrift store & modifying them with foamies & paint/glue to match them as closely as possible to screencaps.

We created the vambrace/gauntlet from scraps from a local leather shop, (formerly a tannery), & used scraps to modify boots purchased from a thrift store to match screencaps/photos as closely as possible.

Everything else, we created from fabric, foam floor tiles, grommets, webbing, etc. I created the pistol belts from olive webbing, punching holes manually & installing each individual grommet with a setting tool & anvil. I even carved, filed, & drilled the buckles for the belt by hand, (I did use a power drill - :D ), from 1/4" cartridge brass purchased from OnlineMetals, (they're actually local to me).

Per the sticky at the top o' the forum, I should answer the following questions:
---"What inspired you."
- My son wanted to dress as 'Bane' from TDKR at Emerald City Comic-con

---"How long it took."
- Approximately 1 1/2 months.

---"How much it cost."
- Materials cost was probably $130 bucks, (not counting the mask & stuff from other projects that we used for this, such as velcro, fabric, etc)...labor was probably $6,000. ;)

---"Specific details for which you are most proud."
- I'm really proud of the whole thing, honestly. It turned out WAY better than I ever expected.

---"Tips."
- Screencaps, screencaps, screencaps. Measure, measure, measure. ...& estimate how much time and effort you expect the work to take, then multiply that by 50. ;)

Thanks for looking! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back