Our creature work for the Volkswagen Star Wars Superbowl Commercial

WOW! Beautiful work! And a great tribute to the original. I honestly thought some of those creatures and costumes were original, somehow patched up. GREAT WORK!!!

Great BTS stuff! Awesome work, awesome work, awesome work!

Michael

P.S. : I can´t believe that Tom only has a reputation greater than 50 ?! Rep that man! His rep should go through the roof!!! A gazillion rep points! Ah, who am I kidding, a PARSEC rep points !!!

Best gig ever for TSD?

Hmmm... certainly one of them! Seems every time we say that, we work our way to something else... so let's say "best gig, so far..." :)

I'm just really proud of the work everyone on the team did. They all worked their tails off to get this done on time and still made stuff look great. I work with some of the best people around... not just as artists but as people, and it warms my heart to see folks loving the work that we did together.

By the way, we updated our gallery with new pics today. There's now an image of each character on-set or in costume on the stage.

We'll be putting behind the scenes stuff up over the next week or so. If you haven't yet, please drop by and LIKE our Facebook Page: Tom Spina Designs | Facebook

And be sure to check in at our site as well :) Volkswagen Star Wars Superbowl Commercial Cantina Bar Alien Masks and Costumes

Enjoy!

best,
Tom

This is very impressive. You created the environment and mood and it was totally believable.

Would have loved to see Duros. Still kicking myself for not buying that run 10 years ago on this board.

The pilot guy looked awesome. I forget his name.

Was it a real set or CG. Where did they fine all the IG88 heads. It is just so well done.

Wow

PM in the way.

Brilliant! My compliments to you and your team. I'm very happy that you had significant face time on the documentary. Too often the artists and craftspeople behind the scenes are left out of the promotion as a sort of enigma. I'm glad this production did the right thing and represented your efforts properly.

BTW, sorry for my part in allowing the other thread to get out of hand. :$

Brilliant! My compliments to you and your team. I'm very happy that you had significant face time on the documentary. Too often the artists and craftspeople behind the scenes are left out of the promotion as a sort of enigma. I'm glad this production did the right thing and represented your efforts properly.

BTW, sorry for my part in allowing the other thread to get out of hand. :$

Thanks man! And don't sweat it at all!! I totally got what you were doing there :)

Tom

Saw the commercial for the 1st time last night and WOW what a surprise. And then to come here and find that it was you and your staff that recreated most of the characters is just, well, exciting. Excellent job Tom!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back