Our creature work for the Volkswagen Star Wars Superbowl Commercial

Just watched the commercial and the behind scenes feature on Youtube. The Chalmun's cantina scenes were awesome. It's great to see all your hard work and dedication paying off with such a tight time schedule.

BTS pics of the Tonnika sisters please. :)

10158a.jpg

Nick

Cool stuff! Kudos! Kudos to Skaught too on those IG88 heads he made for the commercial lol

Only thing I noticed was Bo Shek should have been Mark Bradley. His costume is awesome. I was totally distracted by the one in the commercial after seeing Marks lol

Ok I gotta admit. I was actually happy seeing this commercial, but at the same time I had no idea where its was going with the fat dog, but when the cantina scene came on... it was 1977 again. Thanks Tom! Job well done!(y)thumbsup

Dear Tom,

I can't tell you how happy this spot made me!

I am so glad, that an avid team put so much effort in recreating aniconic scene of pop culture. I doubt that anybody else than you and your team could have pulled off such great work on such short notice.
I relish the fact, that the work of the whole production team didn't end up in a satirical way of spoofing the cantina scene, but in staying thruthful to the roots.
Oh god, how I envy you ...

Kudos to you and your team.

Awesome work, Tom! Major congrats on getting such an awesome job opportunity and even moreso on pulling it off with such stunning success!! Talk about a "portfolio piece" - WOW!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back