Other favorite modeling sites?

RedheadKevin

I'm not sure if this is a faux pas, like I'm cheating on the RPF, but I'm curious what other websites people here use for information or references about modeling? I primarily build modern jets and sci-fi stuff, with some occasional armor sprinkled in. I'm constantly online trying to find reference pictures and ideas of how other people built their models, but I'm seeing a lot of forums and sites really slowing down. I'm wondering if there's some new ones I haven't heard about yet. Here's my usual suspects: Aircraft Resource Center, Armorama, and Starship Modeler. For reference stuff I use mainly Prime Portal for "real" subjects and Modelers' Miniatures and Magic for sci-fi references. And of course, I'll just Google Image search or use Pinterest. Do you folks have any other sites I should check out? I'm sure everyone here could use more references and inspiration to make better models.

Hate to say it, but Facebook groups are my main source now days. Different manufactures and even individual kits have their own active groups.

I visit Starship Modeler daily as well, but I've been thinking lately that I'm not sure why... Models are rarely built on there. The most active topics are usually heated debates that eventually get locked. Fewer and fewer topics are posted each day. I guess it's a habit. :unsure:

One site I really like, but it's definitely not a daily thing is ScaleSpot. I haven't built an aircraft model since I was a kid but I love the detail he puts into his work and it's very easy to read through his builds, like a magazine. And I still think he has the best panel line wash tutorial out there.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back