ChameleonOne

I have now (almost) completed my OT lightsaber collection, and want to show it off...
There are some details missing from almost all the sabers, but with a little help from the community i'm sure they will be complete in no time.;)

First off we have a Heiland converted Darth vader and an unknown maker Luke V2 with some mods done by me.
IMG_2946.JPGIMG_2949.JPGIMG_2952.JPGIMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2968.JPGIMG_2969.JPGIMG_2937.JPGIMG_2935.JPG
As the vader made from a Heiland, its not completely accurate, and I still need to get some wires in the holes, but it will do for me.
For the V2 I'm waiting for master Slothfurnace to make his card insert and Roy's lever. Last will be to track down a diamond knurled cone knob. (anyone?)

Second is a vintage Graflex Luke ANH and a Roman's Obi wan ANH
IMG_2941.JPGIMG_2984.JPGIMG_2985.JPG
IMG_2961.JPGIMG_2962.JPGIMG_2966.JPGIMG_2967.JPG
This is a vintage Folmer Graflex "made" entirely by me! It's got a CF 7.5 with Color Extender. And a crystal reveal kit made by Yoda at FX sabers.
This was a real headache to wire up, as this was the first time I had done any wiring. But it was a tremendous learning experience and I'm glad I went through it.

IMG_3960.JPGIMG_3961.JPGIMG_2958.JPG
This was the first saber I got. It is one of my favorites and is from Roman. Weathered by him, and beat up some more by me.:devil

Could not resist getting some group shots in here:
IMG_2979.JPGIMG_2978.JPGIMG_2982.JPG

Can you guys spot any other inaccuracies or missing parts then don't be shy, I want these to be as accurate as possible...

That's all for now, thanks for looking!

Hey! You've got an excellent collection going! Here are my thoughts

1) I did my Heiland this way too, with the vertical hole towards the front. It's not accurate, the MPP has one near the back, but the single round button on the front hole looks a lot cleaner than the other choices. I put a square of Mylar over the hole.

2) You don't need wires in the holes! That would be the ESB Vader, with long grips! You have a freaking awesome ANH Vader right there :)

3) That's a cool V2, very clean paint job. I have an extra cone knob, if you would like!

4) Your Vintage Reveal Luke and Weather ANH Obi sabers are things of joy,

Nice work! Does "yoda" still make crystal chambers?
Yes, he still does some runs every now and then, but you have to be quick as they get snapped up really fast.

Hey! You've got an excellent collection going! Here are my thoughts

1) I did my Heiland this way too, with the vertical hole towards the front. It's not accurate, the MPP has one near the back, but the single round button on the front hole looks a lot cleaner than the other choices. I put a square of Mylar over the hole.

2) You don't need wires in the holes! That would be the ESB Vader, with long grips! You have a freaking awesome ANH Vader right there :)

3) That's a cool V2, very clean paint job. I have an extra cone knob, if you would like!

4) Your Vintage Reveal Luke and Weather ANH Obi sabers are things of joy,

I did not realize that Vaders ANH did not have the wires, so one thing off the list^^ and some mylar is an awesome idea, thanks.
I'm toying with the idea of weathering the V2, but I kind of like the afbb look. I sent you a PM for the cone knob. this community is great.
I considder the Luke ANH finished, I realized I had not put in the connectors on the side holes in the photos, but they are in place now.
The Obi will probably never get finished as I can always kick it around the sidewalk or throw it around some more for that beaten up look.

I told myself I would focus on ANH because that was the first film, and because it had the most impact on me as a kid. So I went with Luke, Obi Wan and Vader ANH, but I really like the V2 so I reasoned that a version of it had probably been used in ANH as a stunt / dueling saber so it was justified in my collection... (keep making excuses to get a bigger collection!)
So at the moment I have no plans for a ESB, but I might have to get a TFU after that hits us in December. I probably wont get another vintage graflex as the prices are crazy nowadays, I was lucky to get the Folmer one for $120 two years ago. I've got my eyes on Romans run as I know he does quality work.

if any of you are interested I'l post some wip pics of the luke ANH reveal.

Until next time.

Hey, fantastic work. Especially on the Luke. I hope I didn't come across the wrong way asking about the ESB.
Luke's ANH was my first build and I love it.
I was just curious what you might add next.

I told myself I would focus on ANH because that was the first film, and because it had the most impact on me as a kid. So I went with Luke, Obi Wan and Vader ANH

if any of you are interested I'l post some wip pics of the luke ANH reveal.

Until next time.

Empire is my favorite of the movies, but I'm kind of in the same boat. Obi's is my favorite saber, so it makes the most sense to me to have the "big 3" sabers all from New Hope.

I'm also going to be in on Roman's Graflex run so I'd DEFINITELY like to see the WIP of the ANH reveal. I may want to do that.

These flashguns were made in a time where build quality was a lot better than we have in our time, and things were made to last. Now everything is made to be thrown away and be replaced. the only thing that's semi fragile is the lever on the clamp, don't over tighten it and you should be ok.
Let the butchery commence!
Good luck.

How do you guys get the stomach for this? my very first graflex 3 cell arrived - folmer with a patent number. It is a thing of beauty, my first reaction was how exquisite it was and now I'm terrified of breaking it if I even look at it wrong (the clamp especially lol) Time to man up and butcher it :lol

These flashguns were made in a time where build quality was a lot better than we have in our time, and things were made to last. Now everything is made to be thrown away and be replaced. the only thing that's semi fragile is the lever on the clamp, don't over tighten it and you should be ok.
Let the butchery commence!
Good luck.

One word of caution if contemplating drilling into your Graflex: prepare yourself! roygilsing has an excellent tutorial on his website wannawanga.com for installing the whole shebang ESB kit. DO NOT think you can skip the pre-drilling part - meaning: you have to drill a small pilot hole all the way through first before drilling your final hole for each screw. The metal used to make up the Graflex is as ChameleonOne says not chintzy. It is thick and strong and it will not be drilled like warm butter. It will grab your drill bit and tear if you go to fast or try to drill too large of a hole without the pilot hole drilled first. This is firsthand experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great collection!! :) Electronics still isn't my cup of tea... so I am truly in awe of all your work. I nearly fainted at pic #11!! :lol
Yeah. These electronics are not for the feint of heart. I almost had a couple of heart attacks myself doing this, but it is manageable. Just need some serious cram-fu and a cool head.:cool
Anyone interested in doing something similar should visit http://fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php and check out the forum there, lots of great tutorials and help to be found.

I am in the process of adding another saber to the collection, but I need YOUR help!
I am constructing a Yoda from an old Bolsey flash. (not completely screen accurate, but nice enough for me as I snatched it up cheaply.)
As I understand, the emitter was from an older Lamborghini model kit. Does anyone know what kit it came from, or of any alternative piece or casting of said part? Anyone have a spare?
Please gang, you're my only hope.
IMG_3396.JPGIMG_3397.JPG

I sent one out to SpeedRacerx for future printing/molding or something... not sure if he's still doing such.... but you can try contacting him to see what's up.

I am in the process of adding another saber to the collection, but I need YOUR help!
I am constructing a Yoda from an old Bolsey flash. (not completely screen accurate, but nice enough for me as I snatched it up cheaply.)
As I understand, the emitter was from an older Lamborghini model kit. Does anyone know what kit it came from, or of any alternative piece or casting of said part? Anyone have a spare?
Please gang, you're my only hope.
View attachment 541331View attachment 541332

I got one from thd9791 not long ago. He knows a lot about the origins of this part. I think he still has one or maybe it was just a replica. Check in with him. Very cool guy.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back