Origins of this Vader helmet?

Emperor Turpentine

Hi,

A RPFer posted these pictures of a Vader helmet some years ago.
I always liked the look of it, but don't recall where it originate.

Can anyone shed any light on it's lineage?

Should the original owner/poster want me to remove the pictures please let me know, don't want to upset anyone :)

Thanks
Lance

NewImage21.JPG

NewImage.JPG

Thanks very much to Wackychimp for the image hosting.

I believe that's the helmet that JW made which is what the likes of the Fyberdyne, JB V1, GH and Gino helmet ultimately originated from.

Originally posted by RKW@Feb 11 2006, 03:29 PM
I believe that's the helmet that JW made which is what the likes of the Fyberdyne, JB V1, GH and Gino helmet ultimately originated from.
[snapback]1181707[/snapback]​

I second that.
This helmet is the one, the four above helmets originated from.

Dan

Originally posted by clutch@Feb 11 2006, 10:33 AM
Although the pics are grainy, it looks awesome.
[snapback]1181712[/snapback]​

It does look fantastic....I remember seeing pix of this awhile ago. I'd love to learn more of the history of how it came to be....

These pics (and helmet) belong to J. Ritzmann.
He told me that he got it from a Japanese contact who told him it was cast from an original. (Famous last words).
I've never seen any other photos of this helmet apart from these ones. I'd love to see more.

Chris

He told me that he got it from a Japanese contact who told him it was cast from an original. (Famous last words).

:lol ...no kidding.

Still......very interesting....maybe it's the grainy pic with low lighting....but it just looks "right"....like a film still....

Originally posted by KevVader@Feb 11 2006, 12:49 PM

:lol ...no kidding.

Still......very interesting....maybe it's the grainy pic with low lighting....but it just looks "right"....like a film still....
[snapback]1181776[/snapback]​

Yes.... it absolutely does.

Ghost Host - The pics are definitely not Phil's. He must have used them in one of his comparisons.
I kept on at J. Ritzmann to show some pics of his helmet because he'd told me all about it and I was itching to see it. He posted these pics in a thread here a few years ago. I'm still waiting to see the better quality pics that I asked him for at that time.

Chris

I tried to enhance them a little...it might help...the tusks look good...whatever it is, it's cast from an ESB helmet....

MysteryVadhelm1.jpg

:cheers,

Thomas

...again even with the grainy pix...the sharpness of certain details looks incredible. Particularly the dome ridge. Now that's the ESB lid that I've been looking for all of my life. :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back