Original Vader costumes.

Originally posted by Lord Abaddon@Jan 10 2006, 02:28 PM
When I visited ILM there was a Vader on display there.  I was told it was a ROTJ outfit, but unfortunately I was neither allowed to take pictures nor examine it too long (it was a bit into an area only ILM staff can go to).  They let me have a quick peek at it and I could see the ROTJ style of the helmet and armor, but that was about all I could see.
[snapback]1155395[/snapback]​

It's kind of odd that nobody can take pics of these supposedly original suits. It seems it would be fair game for photos, especially if it's screen used etc...

Dave

Yeah that's a big shame. I think it's proably to do with LFL wanting to control the use of images of their property.

For all they know any one of us could be taking photos of these props for official publications that would normally require payment to LFL for the use of the images...

... Cameras are getting smaller and more discreet these days though.

Jeremy B)

Originally posted by HAL9000@Jan 10 2006, 06:04 PM
Did any of you guys attend the Elstree 'Star Wars' Day where the Original Trilogy was
screened? I think it was 94 or 95 ?

Anyway Jason Joiner had all his suits and bits in a room upstairs you had to que to
get into. But, downstairs he had an  " 'ANH' "  Vader helmet. did anyone get a picture of that or remember it? Dave Prowse was there as well.

I think I have a brochure from it somewhere.

:thumbsup
[snapback]1155366[/snapback]​

Hal if you can find that brochure and post a scan that would be cool. :)

I remember hearing about this event but didn't get to go. I saw a photo of JJ holding two Vader helmets in a back garden once, an ESB or Jedi one on one hand, and an ANH styled one on the other.

His ANH-looking helmet appeared on Blue Peter in 97 promoting the special editions with his troopers but I've never seen it in person.

Jeremy

Originally posted by gonk27@Jan 11 2006, 07:54 AM
I think it's proably to do with LFL wanting to control the use of images of their property.

Nah, it's not like LFL doesn't allow photography at their own exhibitions, and besides, the JJ stuff isn't their property anymore.

JJ is just being JJ. ;)

I wanted to say that but held back. I was assuming we were still discussing the JJ stuff. LFL would never keep people from taking photos of screen used stuff.

Dave :)

I hear ya Mate, in fact you don't have to be a new member, but even going back through old threads for reference can be a bit of a bummer :(

Although not a screen suit, I think it's safe calling it an original. It's the brother to the "Funeral Pyre" helmet and was used for Vader posters of the era and was used for the ESB promo poster. Here's a thread that concentrates mainly on the helmet, but there are parts of the suit further into the thread, enjoy...

The Prop Den • View topic - Recently found ANH Vader

BTW, love Auckland, my second favourite city, next to Napier where I grew up (I went to school on Auckland though) Welcome to the RPF! :)

Cheers,

Kraig

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a suit on display here in Tampa right now. The info says it's from ANH. Up close it looks pretty beat-up.
6202402585_9841463809_z.jpg

The mask has the see-through cheeks which I seem to remember reading was used for the light saber duel.
6202381511_bf1d12dd29_z.jpg

There are some more photos on my flickr page.

I am in the same position. I own one of the Original ROTJ vader helmets and shoulder armour. My agreement in taking posession was no pictures can be posted online. Mine was a backup helmet, unfinished. per the agreement i sadly cannot post for you all either.

I am in the same position. I own one of the Original ROTJ vader helmets and shoulder armour. My agreement in taking posession was no pictures can be posted online. Mine was a backup helmet, unfinished. per the agreement i sadly cannot post for you all either.

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking did you get the helmet and shoulders direct from LFL?

Do you have any paperwork saying it was a helmet produced for ROTJ at all?

Cheers Chris

Just found the mask shown in my last post on StarWarsHelmets.com

This is the info on their page.
"...an original ESB Stunt helmet. Used specifically for the Vader/Luke fight scenes you can see that the cheeks are transparent and the lower grill has been removed to allow the wearer an improved field of vision...."

Not sure the about where there rest of the suit is from but the helmet was sold at auction a few years ago. More info on that at the link above.

Everything from the neck down on the Vader Stunt Helmet display, unless I am mistaken, was created by our own member Vadermonkey.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back