Original Terminator 3 costume display

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey all,

Just updated the site ( http://www.TomSpinaDesigns.com) with the latest Custom Mannequin Movie Prop Display project to wrap up here.

As often happens, this costume came to us on a hanger and leaves as a pretty impressive character display (if I do say so myself!)

The costume consisted of the jacket, shirt, glasses and leather pants. I sourced suitable gloves, belt and vintage boots to complete the costume. The mannequin was modified with new hands, and added muscles on the shoulders, biceps, chest, waist and back. The body style was made to fit the costume and to emulate Arnold's T3 body shape.

The head is a resin head, derived from a cyber-scan of Arnold made for T3. I modified it for the "battle damage", did all paint and hairwork on it and inserted custom glass eyes as a finishing touch.

The client requested a "battlescape" for the base, so we had a bit of fun with that! It features fake "dirt" and 4 half-buried endoskulls (along with other endoskeleton-style wreckage strewn about).

I'm extremely proud of this display and am looking forward to future projects for this client.

enjoy the pics and thanks for reading!

best,
Tom

TerminatorWeb1.jpgTerminatorWeb3.jpgTerminatorWeb2.jpg

Last edited:
AMAZING work Tom.... as usual :thumbsup

Now if you had only uveiled that a couple of weeks ago, then perhaps McCain wouldv'e got more votes! :lol j/k of course...

Custom resin-heads always improve a faceless mannequin when displaying original wardrobe items IMO :)

Cheers,
John

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Superlative! Awesome work. How you gonna ship that thing? Or is it a pick-up?

This one's been crated on a pallet for freight shipment. It breaks at the waist and comes off the base, so it's a big box, but not huge.

LOL I like it. Great concept. How did you do the skulls?

Regards
TAZ

Thanks :) The skulls began as vinyl kits which I chopped down, then painted and weathered heavily. I spent a lot of time hunting and digging for bits that looked right for the guts and other "endo parts" about the base.

Thanks again to everyone! Glad folks are enjoying this one :)

best,
Tom

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back