Original Predator Suit Build - Wip

IMG_3635.jpg
Finished feet, hands and some details on the torso this week.
IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

Coming together quite well I would have to say.

Now, when you say you "stitched the netting in"... you actually took a needle and thread, and one at a time stitched the netting at the cross points into the designated areas?

Looks killer bro. :cool:

Thanks for the nice comments!
The netting was cut to fit, then the ends were poked into the suit under the armor and belt parts. I glued to secure on one end, then from the inside brushed latex a few times over each end and around the hole, then put some foam over that. Very time consuming to get the net just right, and you have to account for movement etc. since it's going to be worn, not just displayed. I'll take some pics next chance I get of the inside and zipper. I can imagine how the Predator crew must have cringed after each shoot when the suit(s) came back thrashed.

You know, I was looking at the way the loin cloth leather looked and I really like the weathering.

You mentioned putting it into a bucket with bleach and brown dye overnight. Can you give more details, like how much you diluted the bleach, how concentrated was the brown dye, and when you show the results from the next day, how long was is approx? A full day or just 8 hrs overnight?

Again, great looking piece and look forward to seeing more.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back