Original (Parody) Kaiju Suit Help

General Grunt

I havn't posted here in ages and I aplogize for that. Usually I build puppets (all types, muppet style, latex rubber etc.) but I'm taking on my biggest challenge yet: a Kaiju suit.

I've never built one before, though I have a ver general idea of how they're made.

2 reasons I'm building is:

-I want to make some short films with it for my youtube channel.

-There's a convention in August that I want to bring it too.

The character I'm making is a mix of Robert Newton's Long John Silver and Godzilla. So basically a Pirate Godzilla.

I know from the start since he's clothed, I only need to make his one leg, his hands, head, stegasaurus spikes and tail, then the rest would be custom made fabric pirate clothes.

Other than that I wouldn't know what Materials would work best. I want it to be fairly durable. He's not going to look 100% like Godzilla, just close enough where you can get the joke but not get sued. I'm thinking of sculpting the head and making a latex mask of the head, but I don't know how well I could breate/the ventilation is in a latex cast mask vs another method.

He also has one leg. I'm debating on making it a boot that looks like a wood leg over my one foot so its easier to walk. I'll keep the crutch though since thats a direct Robert Newton reference.

Anyone think they could give me pointers on materials and techniques?

Here's a concept drawing below. Colors on the outfit are not final. Let me know what you think of this utterly ridiculous idea.

Attachments

• Long John Zilla.png
    Long John Zilla.png
    13 MB · Views: 61

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.