Original Lightsaber found at LFL with ROUND blade

Very thorough explanation, thanks!

On the prop in the op: since the black was applied to the emitter for the ANH duel, then removed during ESB and apparently reapplied before this video at the archives, does anyone have any shots of the reapplied black anywhere? It would probably have been around rotj or later I think

It's possible they might have used the original Graflex style saber as a Vader stunt saber to throw around and painted the top to look like an MPP shroud.

Here's one from ANH of this saber. The blade does look round and not round with flattened edges like it did during the filming in Bens hut.

anhsabers-vi.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The one from the 'Making ESB' cover is probably this one:

flex1-vi.jpg

YES! the d ring part looked flat to me, and lo and behold...
The bunny ears are pinched open too.

There are those flat rivets again, all over that ******* monster of a saber. Check out the T track, it's not all the same height along the length, and attached with black fasteners.

And the ANH pic you have there, in vader's hands, check out the black endcap! I bet the emitter is paint there, and whatever they used to re-apply it was tape or something that could peel off.

What's going on alongside his right leg? Is that a white wire going to a socket of stage? :wacko

Chaim

thats what im figuring, can you see the wires on film? i never noticed and i watched the bluray saturday night... now this bugs me! lol

I would image that once the scene was to be shot, they tucked and shot it so all wires out of sight.

One other thing I would suggest (although I have no knowledge of it) is that with all the edits since the SE and multiple releases, any wires that might have been visible have now been edited out. You might want to check video media pre-SE.

But they don't show below the tunic during the shot so we would never see the wires. They stay from the waist up.

The wires have not been edited out, they are clearly visible up Luke's sleeve the whole time.

I would image that once the scene was to be shot, they tucked and shot it so all wires out of sight.

One other thing I would suggest (although I have no knowledge of it) is that with all the edits since the SE and multiple releases, any wires that might have been visible have now been edited out. You might want to check video media pre-SE.

I agree, that's 3 props we've seen now that include them. The ROTJ Vader graflex, this stunt and the ANH stunt that this thread is all about!

I forget where, but there's supposed to be at least one place in the movie where you can see the wires in the scene when they didn't get them hidden.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back