Original lightsaber dimensions

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BastianEstrella

Hello!

I don't know if it is because I am new to this or I am just very bad at researching these topics but, does anyone happen to have a good schematic or drawing detailing the dimensions of the original and sequel lightsabers?

I´m building a custom one and I want the size of things to make sense.

So far I´ve found a couple of sources but variations are too great for me to consider any of it accurate, of course I´ve never held an accurate lightsaber.

Any help would be appreciated

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Usagi Pilgrim

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello!

I don't know if it is because I am new to this or I am just very bad at researching these topics but, does anyone happen to have a good schematic or drawing detailing the dimensions of the original and sequel lightsabers?

I´m building a custom one and I want the size of things to make sense.

So far I´ve found a couple of sources but variations are too great for me to consider any of it accurate, of course I´ve never held an accurate lightsaber.

Any help would be appreciated
Luke's/Anakin's saber was made from a Graflex Flash Handle, used with old timey cameras. If you look up the dimensions of that particular item, you'll have a great start.

thegnome

Sr Member
Are you making a replica of somebody's lightsaber or making your own? I read what you said but it was unclear. If you are looking for the dimensions of Anakins/Lukes/Kenobis/Reys lightsabers.

This really gives you everything you need of course there may be some things that they do not have.

BastianEstrella

Are you making a replica of somebody's lightsaber or making your own? I read what you said but it was unclear. If you are looking for the dimensions of Anakins/Lukes/Kenobis/Reys lightsabers.

This really gives you everything you need of course there may be some things that they do not have.

I´m making my own, but I really want it to make sense in its geometry and dimensions, that´s why I would love to have dimensional drawings or something for any original / prequel hilts, the more I get familiar with their construction the easier it will be to make a design that fits.

Graflex bank and Wannawanga really help, thank you!!!

BastianEstrella

I´m looking for something kinda like this, I made this one quick and dirty using the Wannawanga info scaling everything up.

SWLS1.PNG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.