Original Jumanji Board Refrences

Beth D SFX

Evening Everyone,

I'm currently a student studying model making for TV and Film, and an upcoming project we have is the history of replication.

I'm looking to recreate the iconic Jumanji board, but I need to recreate it as authentically as possible.

This means finding out how the original was made, who made it, what from etc.

If anyone has any of this information, or could possibly point me in a direction of where to find it, that would be incredible.

I know its a big ask, and I am doing my research alongside this. But thought this group could be a good place to ask!
jumanji.jpg

David3

It happens that one of the 'stunt' versions of the Jumanji board went up for auction today with ProfilesInHistory (96).
Its not the hero version made of wood that opens but the lightweight version made of polyfoam. I realise you were after info on the wooden hero prop but given the course you're doing it would still be of anecdotal interest. Amazingly even though it was only the foam version it sold for a staggering $45000.
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 6.03.30 pm.jpg Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 6.16.34 pm.jpg

Beth D SFX

It happens that one of the 'stunt' versions of the Jumanji board went up for auction today with ProfilesInHistory (96).
Its not the hero version made of wood that opens but the lightweight version made of polyfoam. I realise you were after info on the wooden hero prop but given the course you're doing it would still be of anecdotal interest. Amazingly even though it was only the foam version it sold for a staggering $45000.
View attachment 965137 View attachment 965138
Hello thank you so much!
I’m actually tempted to make a mould of my wooden one and create a stunt prop also, just to show awareness of how props are actually made and used. Thank you so much for this!

Fitzdizzel48

The original Joe Johnson Jumanji board with measurements I've put together. I also make the boards myself. Hope this helps. :)

Attachments