Original Cylon Costume

sleepless

Sr Member
After the comments and gratitude for the pics of my restoration of my Cylon costume thought I may share a few rare pics of the costumes development for the original show.

Note the pic of the helmets lined up and the photo on the noticeboard behind them.

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys them

Brad

That is extremely cool, thanks for posting those Brad.

I wonder why the Vader and stormtrooper photos are on the wall? Were they actively looking for inspiration of some kind? .. That last photo you've posted might have been a little damaging if it had come to light during the Lucasfilm/Universal court case when BSG first came out. "oh no your honour, we're nothing like Star Wars at all."

Jeremy

That's awesome. You gotta respect the Cylons. I also see an uncapped bottle of Michelob in that first pic. It must have been a rough build.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gonk27 @ May 9 2006, 06:33 AM) [snapback]1241107[/snapback]</div>
That last photo you've posted might have been a little damaging if it had come to light during the Lucasfilm/Universal court case
[/b]

I thought the same thing. Although maybe the pics were there to help them make sure they didn't get too close.

That last pic is interesting... were they playing with versions of the cylons without mouth grills?

Thanks for posting the pics, Its hard to see the details when they are all chromed up.... Like the plain plastic look, Now I know how to do the trimming on my chest peice....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aegis159 @ May 9 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]1241315[/snapback]</div>
That last pic is interesting... were they playing with versions of the cylons without mouth grills?
[/b]

No, the grill is a separate part.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aegis159 @ May 9 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]1241315[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

I'm thnking they are either test chrome parts or parts that wern't trimmed prior to chroming for what ever reason.

Lynn

Its also interesting to note that the parts *look* a hell of a lot more symetrical than what they ended up being. I've compared one I'm working on to pics of an original suit and all the warps are still apparent.

The bucks must have been pretty hastily made.

Wow....those photos of ANH Vader right there in the shop....that's incredible....

Hope you don't mind I enhance that photo just to show it better...I guess it's been obvious that the idea of using a skull-like head for a bad guy was inspired by Vader....maybe even the center ridge on the Cylon head was based on the center ridge on the Vader helmet...

Now we also know what the Cylons looked like under their helmets....like gentlemen from the 1930s :lol

CylonVader2.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back