Original Coyle BSG Blaster...

Bryancd

Master Member
Rich is currently doing a new run of these and I swung by his house today to pick mine up. It's cast off an original stunt with working strobe in the barrel and sound board. It's a great casting, even retains the imperfections and small details. Rich was also kind enough to include three recharge cylinders. Sorry for the quick web cam pics...and my lack of clothing, it's hot here in AZ.

Rich's version is one of my favorites in my BSG Laser pistol Collection :thumbsup

Rich's version is one of my favorites in my BSG Laser pistol Collection :thumbsup

A collection?! Very cool, I am familiar with the Monsters in Motion one which I think was a recast. What other versions are out there and what is their lineage/pedigree?

Any chance of getting a closeup shot of the barrel? Are the clear parts the raised sections or the recessed sections? Which way to the raised sections on the barrel point, fore or aft?

Last edited:
You got me on that one as far as the pedigree goes though all are very similiar.

I have 3 non-working Convention specials I bought in the early 90's, One from BSG.com and my 2 working ones are from Rich and Tom "the scumbag" Klingon AKA Universal Armorer.

A collection?! Very cool, I am familiar with the Monsters in Motion one which I think was a recast. What other versions are out there and what is their lineage/pedigree?

According to the rep at MIM--it's not a recast, but a custom build and cast by ATK models in Japan. Some of the best available were the Wilco models version. In fact, I prefer my Wilco to my MIM.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back