Original Character Costume

JonStarkTargery

Hey guys, so I'm building this cosplay/costume built around an original character I made. I'm Jon Stark, a hunter of supernatural beings; member of the 'Kariudo brotherhood'. It's mainly concept at the moment, but I have many inspirations and Ideas I thought are worth sharing!

Williamson.jpg This is the main inspiration for the armor. It's gonna be pretty much this without the helmet and with different shoulder pads.

IMG-20180822-WA0006.jpeg I did some model paper cutouts, to get a sense of size and proportion for the torso plates. I'm thinking of building the plates with thin cardboard (the cereal box kind) and foam. Then I'd put sone matte contact paper over them and paint it black with spray paint.

The armor is supposed tp besomewhat an modern adaptation on Samurai armor. There are various parts, like the forearm and leg pieces that will have inspiration from Roman armor. The weapons shall be inspired by celtic and african weapons. I am planning on making a pair of celtic axes and a shortspear based on Swahili and Zulu shortspears.

AXE_Vertical_01.jpg The celtic axe I'm inspired on. It'll have a flat top and a different design on the blade. I'm gonna make a mold in clay and pour some resin to cast the semi-transparent axe.

This is looking really cool. Where did the character "Jon Stark" come from? Was he something you came up with just for the costume? Or was he from a book or role-play character that you've made? So far it's looking really great conceptually wise, good luck mate!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back