Original Alien Nostomo Detonator Room Miniature...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Laser Brain

Sr Member
Hi guys,
I thought you'd be interested in checking this out...maybe trying to ID the parts on it.

It's the original miniature of the Nostromo Detonator room exterior. Ripley is rear-projected into this in the movie.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ralphee

Sr Member
I see Tamiya 8rads, and lots of 1/12 Tyrrell P34 Neil. Anything specific please post ,em up, looks a fun one to nail.

lee

Nwerke

Master Member
Lots of Centurion too. All the staples.

Bet those are the same Tyrells that provided the lower engine shrouds for the Narcissus. :)

ralphee

Sr Member
Lots of Centurion too. All the staples.

Bet those are the same Tyrells that provided the lower engine shrouds for the Narcissus. :)

Id agree Martyn, it does, look a very appealing structure to build, love the use of the donors on this, id be half tempted to take a stab if i hadnt shot my load of my Tyrrell chassis' on other builds lol.

lee

JD1

Wow! These are awesome! Many thanks, Neil!

I love the little Weyland-Yutani decals; I guess they had them made up specially.

I recall Bill writing somewhere that he'd 'break out the Tamiyas' for hero-detailing like this, but there's also a few choice bits of Airfix Scammel Tank Transporter in there. A real favourite of the Brit modelers!

Laser Brain

Sr Member
Hi John. Bill has the photos too. I took 'em in his workshop, whilst on Red Dwarf. I'm sure he'll get round to posting them when he gets the time. I'm not a member of Space 1999 Eagle Transporter.

Colin Droidmilk

Sr Member
What I like about the Alien models and Pearson/Bower's work generally, is that you can get up really close and the greeblies still look modern or futuristic, whereas with some of the SW stuff a close-up view often takes you away to the 1940s, lol!

Bondo Fett

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thank you so much for sharing. I love how so many great reference photos keep emerging, even years down the line.
This has always been one of my personal favorites, I'm thrilled to see all the sides for the first time! Any more Nostromo goodies lurking in your files?