ORCA scratch build

Looking mighty good flimzy:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: Looking at your lill' piece of wood with that edge, my first thought was: she has very fine/long fingers:eek::eek:

Got the old mast out to compare. Its a little shorter. Boy I forgot how much work is in it
IMG_0969.jpeg

Last edited:
Bless you flimzy:love::love: You're better than me (and my brain)! I tend to remember every steps of a build: the good times and the bad, the "I'm about to lose my mind with the amount of greeblies I have to make/find/affix on the model!":eek::eek::lol::lol:

Oh I ran out of k&s 1/4 x 1/8 brass for the triangle. Heres what it would be call in the rest of the world 6x3 see how much easier the world could be. Just joking;-)
They still sell 1/8" brass strips in the UK?!?!?!?! K&S hasn't sold that here in the US since the new ownership took over. All Brass and aluminum start at 1/4" Well, kick my ass sideways, WTH, WTF, and i've been cutting everything down to 1/8". GRRRRRRrrrrrrr

“The process starts upon the supposition that when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. It may be that several explanations remain, in which case one tries test after test until one or other of them has a convincing amount of support.” –The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier, Sherlock Holmes.

None of these things are knowable, everything I am doing could be totally wrong based on assumptions made early on. Recreating a lost object
is a detective story, I think that's why we all have so much fun doing it. I got so much wrong on my first go, it didn't spoil the fun but every now and then you get something right, Like the "General Foam and Plastic Crop, Hot n cooler water bottle" or when the guy making the full size ORCA
found the handle for the spot light that give you a warm feeling in side. like in all scientific endeavors we go with a theory until another hypothesis is proven.
That was me! I found the handle for the spotlight.

I loved watching your videos. You’re in a different league to me. If your the NFL I’m more Sunday kick about in the park. I’m creeping up on you with a 6th scale next. Any bigger than that and I’ll need to move house.
I’ve got some more coming out. You’re going to love the new videos and updates! I don’t have time to edit 4-6hrs or 10hrs of video anymore, but I do have everything recorded…just need to carve out time to edit more. 6th scale huh? As in 1/6th scale?

Is that binder on the wicker chair all photos, measurements, and documentation of the Orca?
Loving the Blocks. 14mm, 12mm and 10mm i'm guessing?
Yes that is my ORCA bible. over flowing with notes, screen grabs and reference. I was wondering weather or not to celebrate finishing ORCA by burning it or should it go with Version 1 when I sell it?

Yes that is my ORCA bible. over flowing with notes, screen grabs and reference. I was wondering weather or not to celebrate finishing ORCA by burning it or should it go with Version 1 when I sell it?
That Binder is worth it's weight in all precious metals. It truly is a bible. OMG don't burn it, (as much as I know you hate Clutter). I'm more than sure you will find it a good home. You always do. Another one of your Talents.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back