Optimus Prime Pepakura Head/Helmet...few extra pics added

JasonCash

Sr Member
Hey guys I thought I'd share my first shot at Pepakura. Forgive me but I do not remember who I got the file from, I would have liked to have given them the credit for the file. Like I said this was my 1st attempt at this and I hope to better my skills. I still have a few spots to touch up with paint and I need to find something to use for his eyes.........Here's some pics

optimuspep2.jpg

optimuspep.jpg

After hours of bondoing and sanding and sanding and......well you know
optimus11.jpg

optimus13.jpg

The vents in the head piece were made from a For Sale sign
optimusfin.jpg

ophelmnew003.jpg

ophelmnew002.jpg

ophelmnew001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Optimus Prime Pepakura Head/Helmet

Nice Build! Especially for your first. I've always had a sweet spot for anything G1 related. You did a great job you should be proud.:thumbsup

Oh I wish,I could build one of those ,Im not that gifted ,wish I had one of those ,that is SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTT !!!!!

I could be wrong but it could be one of my ancient files, I remember unfolding a OP Helmet a while back but can't say for sure if it was this one or a different one. Looks good though. It looks like all you need is EL Lighting for the eyes and it's done.

Whoa! that looks great. any chance this Pep file is available anymore? I'd really appreciate a crack at this.

thanks for the comments guys....I got the file from a member here it was a large file with a bunch of different pep files in it. I swear I'll remember who I got it from....As for the eyes I'm not sure yet but I would love to get some ideas from everyone on how to do them. I know a cheap and easy way would be to you blue reflectors and run some LEDs behind them.

Yep mor ethan likely my old OP Helmet file. About 80% of what he has in the file collection are works of mine, the other 20% done by other people. Sometime soon I think I need to download his collection to see what I'm missing from old formats of my PC that I need to get back. But anyways this looks excellent.

Outstanding, how long did it take you to put the OP helmet together prior to bondoing?

Awesome job! I love the weathered look, it really helps show the age of Optimus.

Since it's just the head, you could consider displaying it like in the early Marvel issues after the introduction of Shockwave (around issue 5). ShockWave had Optimus' head on display while he was attempting to siphon the creation matrix from him.

@G17RDY the cutting and gluing only took about 7hrs......

I really want to come up with a cool display for it, It's one of the 1st props I've built and really liked how it came out......

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back