Optimus Prime finished!!!! (pics pg2)

fleefromme

i am making optimus prime's helmet for school. this is my second time doing the helmet. the first time i made i spent about 12hrs on it, from design to finish (needless to say it looked like crap). this time i have put more work into the design and so far i am liking the way it looks. i plan on making the majority of the helmet out of cardboard and card stock paper. if any one has any tips/suggestions they are welcome.
here is my initial design:
9466-p1010921.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Optimus Prime WIP

does anyone have the 20th anniversary optimus prime? cause i could use some pics of the top, side, and back of his head. i've been using pics of that one in my design process.

does anyone have the 20th anniversary optimus prime? cause i could use some pics of the top, side, and back of his head. i've been using pics of that one in my design process.

Wait, the masterpiece version or the g1 toy??? I can probably help....

i finished my design and will be building soon. so check it out give me some feedback/suggestions:

front
9610-p1010951.jpg

side
9609-p1010947.jpg

back
9608-p1010945.jpg

bottom
9612-p1010949.jpg

9611-p1010948.jpg

so i've fixed my scaling issue. i've put drawing into adobe illustrator and ill scale it up from there (if i can) and ill print individual parts onto card stock paper. i will cut them out and mount them on cardboard to get the approximate widths. if you see any problems that i have missed let me know.

I may need a set of your plans once you iron them out. Or just to buy one from you if you decide to go that route. This is gonna be AWESOME!

i just finished putting all the designs into illustrator (ill post those later) they are looking pretty good so far. there are still some details that need working out, mostly trying to convert a 3D idea into a real 2D image (arg i shoulda payed more attention in drafting class). other than that i just need to fix some layering issues.

@ joe:
this is a project for school and im not putting in as much work or detail as i would like to (due to time constants). so i will not be selling it, but i am willing to share it once it done. i would just like you give credit where credit is due and NOT sell it. that seems to be the general rule of thumb here.

well it apparently later, so here ya go
9617-optimus-prime.jpg

front and side

9618-optimus-prime-2.jpg

front and back

9619-optimus-prime-3.jpg

top and bottum

any problems that you see/help fix would be awesome.

glad to see you are all as excited about this as i am :thumbsup. i used the scaling option in illustrator and it seems to have done the a lot of the work for me. i just have to dissect my designs into their respective parts, print, cut, and glue. ill keep you posted as to what ends up working and what doesnt.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back