Optical Camouflage Demo with Kinect

So, how does this work? I get the idea that the Kinect tracks your body movements and comes up with some sort of 3-D idea about where you're located, but the YouTube video doesn't explain what software or additional hardware they're using. Are they using an additional video camera that takes a picture of the room, then using some software to use the Kinect output to mix the 3-D body image into the room background?

If I could figure out how to make one of these, then I could walk around a cemetery and have a kid walk up to me and ask, "Want some candy?" Er, on second thought, that sounds kind of creepy.

They don't know yet. The coding was developed by Takayuki Fukatsu. He hasn't revealed if it is a live stream of the background or a still image. I'm curious myself!

If I could figure out how to make one of these, then I could walk around a cemetery and have a kid walk up to me and ask, "Want some candy?" Er, on second thought, that sounds kind of creepy.

LMFAO!!! Brother, you just added your name to an FBI watch list, LOL...

I have the KINECT also, i was not aware there was a option to try this sort of stuff, granted i have not had much time to play, but...............

Going to have to do some googling i think.

what is this KINECT????

Only the coolest thing since sliced bread! Well, actually, I hate video games, but my kid swears it is pretty sweet. It's Microsoft's new "controller" for the Xbox360; no controller whatsoever but uses a video camera and some high-tech alien software to control games. Microsoft's answer to Nintendo's Wii controllers and Sony's Playstation Move. It's aiming to be "The Toy" for this Xmas, sure to beat the socks off the new "Bash My Face In Elmo"...

Only the coolest thing since sliced bread! Well, actually, I hate video games, but my kid swears it is pretty sweet. It's Microsoft's new "controller" for the Xbox360; no controller whatsoever but uses a video camera and some high-tech alien software to control games. Microsoft's answer to Nintendo's Wii controllers and Sony's Playstation Move. It's aiming to be "The Toy" for this Xmas, sure to beat the socks off the new "Bash My Face In Elmo"...
so run by me again,how it does that effect then??our lass is getting me one for xmas but i thought it was a mega computer program yo could buy

daaaaaaamn, i was hoping it was some sort of download for the xbox, i had visions of extenion leads and using the kinect outside on the roof or somthing hehe.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back