Opinions wanted about a big trade offered to me

Knifen Fifer

I got a trade offer from another collector. The guy is offering his Michael Myers screen worn bloody coveralls from Zombies first Halloween (2007) for my Jason body parts (Torso, Leg with boot and Arm) from when he gets blown up in Jason Goes to Hell (Friday the 13th part 9). Coveralls typically cost 3k. I bought the Jason parts for $1500. But the Jason parts are one of a kind, and the coveralls are rare but there was probably 6 or 7 made for the production at least. I know it's ultimately my decision but I'm curious to see some other opinions. Thanks!

untitled.pngJason-Goes-to-Hell-The-Final-Friday-Jason-s-Hero-Burnt-Body-Parts-1.jpg

id say go for it due general movie reasons, like, this is the myers suit oooh ahhh vs that one time Jason blew up. kinda more impressive imo if you had the coveralls. its like iron mans mk3, it was a big deal and he wore it most of the movie vs the 3rd movie's heartbreaker (or any other of the automated armor) is like "that one suit from that one time that only showed for a few seconds".. just my 2 cents, but im not big into the horror genre and I favor Halloween over Friday anyway, so my opinion may be biast.

What are the body parts made of? Depending on what they are made out of they may not hold up over time and the coveralls would be a better long term item.

L~

Thanks Dizzystrmtrooper. You made some good points! I'm a much bigger Myers fan than I am Jason so my opinion is very biased too.

Good point Lemna, Jason is made of foam latex but he's held up very well for 25 years old!

I think its just a matter of who you are a bigger fan of, personally I would hang onto the Jason parts because I like Jason better, and they look cooler. But man, they look great for being made out of foam latex that long ago. So I would say go with the coveralls since youre the myers fan!

Great offer for sure, would say in terms of beeing more unique and rare the jason parts are keeper piece here as one of a kind !!! No chance to get another like this but depends on your personal taste sure here !!!

If you were a fan of both characters equally, I'd go ahead with the trade. The whole ensemble would be, in my opinion, more iconic and recognizable the body chunks, but more importantly, I would imagine maintaining the costume would be much more easier than foam chunks in the long run.

Thanks for all the opinions! Much appreciated! In case you were wondering, I did trade the Jason Pieces for the Myers coveralls. It came down to the not wanting to deal with foam

latex deterioration over time, and Jason Goes to Hell is the forgotten and ignored black sheep of the entire series. It's by far the worst one! I've always wanted Myers coveralls, but I

did not want to pay 3k for them. So this deal worked out great!

Thanks for all the opinions! Much appreciated! In case you were wondering, I did trade the Jason Pieces for the Myers coveralls. It came down to the not wanting to deal with foam

latex deterioration over time, and Jason Goes to Hell is the forgotten and ignored black sheep of the entire series. It's by far the worst one! I've always wanted Myers coveralls, but I

did not want to pay 3k for them. So this deal worked out great!

Congratulations on the deal. I think you made the right choice!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back