Opinions on UC Sauron Gauntlet?

Darth Maul

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,

Was looking to see here if anyone has the UC Sauron gauntlet. I have been on the fence about getting one and was curious what the thoughts were of anyone who may have one. Also curious if anyone had any pics of it aside from the stock UC photo thats everywhere on the web.

I have the UC Sauron helmet, so thinking it would be a good companion piece.

Thanks.

I don't think it's anywhere near as impressive as the Sauron helmet, it looks like it's made from a completely different material. I just didn't get the WOW. factor from it.

Although it's wearable and all the fingers are jointed, it's very stiff and you only get about 10% movement from it.

Not a big fan, mine is stored away in the attic.

Originally posted by Darth Maul@Mar 5 2006, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

Was looking to see here if anyone has the UC Sauron gauntlet.  I have been on the fence about getting one and was curious what the thoughts were of anyone who may have one.  Also curious if anyone had any pics of it aside from the stock UC photo thats everywhere on the web.

I have the UC Sauron helmet, so thinking it would be a good companion piece.

Thanks.
[snapback]1199149[/snapback]​

I have it and I really like it. Though I'm not overly picky about LOTR stuff, as its not my forte...

I was thinking the reverse, the I should get the hat as a companion pice for the glove.

I would have to disagree with Vandark...

I have both the Sauron helm and gauntlet displayed, and the gauntlet has a far more realistic appearance because it is actually made of metal and not fiberglass (like the helm). The gauntlet was never intended to be a wearable piece, it is just a display piece.

My only negative about the gauntlet is that the display base could have been better designed, but once you have the gauntlet positioned correctly it looks really cool.

Originally posted by PHArchivist@Mar 5 2006, 02:07 PM
Helmet is fiberglass...?

[snapback]1199268[/snapback]​

It sure is....

"Steel-reinforced, fiberglass-resin shell. Genuine leather lined interior. Individually serialized solid brass plate mounted on the inside of the helmet to insure authenticity."

Don't get me wrong, the helm is really cool, but it just doesn't have the same metal "look".

if that thing was metal it would be immensly heavy...its heavy enough being steel reinforced fiberglass ^^; But i love mine :D

sauronhelmet.jpg

Hi there

Well I was thinking about getting the gauntlet as well. But I do have an other question. Does the design of the "Ring finger" fit the MR "Rig Of Saurn" piece. Is the design similar or is it different?

Still fighting myself as I as well think the sand should have been betterThanks a lot for You help.

Domenik

since the gauntlet is human sized adn the MR Sauron finger is...sauron sized, id imagine it doesnt fit.

Theyre both nice pieces but executed differently

The gauntelt is really nice as a display piece but the construction is so so. The articulation is a tight and the leather glove is more like leather stiched between the sides of the plates. Kinda weird. and its very clean looking..nothing like the helmet. It doesnt have any of that aged, acid eaten look. Instead, its antiqued but very clean. I do like the raised patterns on it though.

I dont regret purchasing it. Its a nice prop, but I wish it complemented the helmet a little more.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back