Opinion on this Voice Changer?

mosarmini

Hello RPF-ers! I want some input on this voice changer, it's a pretty cheap price (40) and from the video it doesn't look too bad, but what do you guys think? Can I find something better for the price or is this as good as it gets? Also on a side note, I currently have the Rubies Vader costume (about to heavily modify it, possibly to 501st standards through a friend of mine) but one other question I had was about how I can increase my height? Like I'm thinking of putting a couple inches of foam inside and outside the boots to add a 3-4 inches, and he top of the cape in all episodes? Because right now my cape doesn't have that and I'm not sure whether I want to add that or not, anywho thanks!
Darth Vader Voice Circuit - YouTube

Thats sounds pretty good, and for $40 bucks it's a great deal. I want to get something like this, as long as it doesn't require me sautering crap together or program circuit boards, it's worth it.

For extra height, look into some insoles that'll give you a couple inches. Don't wanna have look like yer wearing kiss boots, hahaha!

Yeah what I'm worried about is the quality, I don't want whistling to be recurring when I speak lol. Now I sent the seller a message on eBay, and asked him if my voice could be heard, and he said this "Unfortunately, you can hear your original voice in addition to the digitized voice, since the mask has a lot of ventilation. In addition, it isn't super loud, but you could add an amp to the circuit if you needed. They sell on ebay for $10. Made by S.E.A. Group, or a nicer one, is the AKER MR1506. Both have the same output, but the AKER contains a rechargeable battery, and already has a line level input. The AKER goes for about $30 on ebay."
Makes me reconsider, but if anyone is interested here's the original link to the item DARTH VADER HELMET VOICE CHANGER MODULATOR CIRCUIT | eBay

For extra height, look into some insoles that'll give you a couple inches. Don't wanna have look like yer wearing kiss boots, hahaha!

:lol that's my worry! I'm guessing add a bit to the exterior (maybe 1 inch max) but interior go as high as it would allow me xD

I also found that the problem is that you can still hear the person talking inside the mask, no matter how good the voice changer is. Plus, you must wear it far enough away so that there is no feedback.

Yeah I've been in contact with him, I'm thinking of getting the bane one for my MC costume, and he said he'll wire an amp and volume control for my vader voice changer so the clarity becomes superb ^_^

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back