Operation Early Bird - New TDKR teaser trailer?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Goonie, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

According to Mania, there's supposed to be a new trailer for The Dark Knight Rises at this site:
    OPERATION EARLY BIRD
    Supposed to appear after the timer ticks down. Another 33 minutes or so to go.

2. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

The timer finished ticking down, but whatever it is, I'm still waiting for it to load.

3. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Fail. Waited till the end of the countdown, and got a message that said website is not available. :unsure

4. Chronos

Chronos Sr Member

Same here. Waited for the clock to reach 00:00:00:00, now that's all I'm looking at. So, Operation Early Bird commences....sometime later I suppose?

5. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

6. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

So the site finally loaded for me... looks like a 'list' of theaters that will be showing the trailer with options to buy tickets. At the bottom, it's asking for coordinates, but there's zero explanation of which coordinates you're supposed to put in.

7. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Yeah. Disappointed. Looks like there's nothing for Calgary, and we got two IMAX screens here.

8. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

I see they added the Chinook theater for Calgary, but I wonder what the heck is playing at 10:00 PM on Dec 13 there?

9. King Ranger

King Ranger Sr Member

I just signed up for 2 tickets here in my town and I wasn't charged for anything so I'm guessing it's free after all. :)

10. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Sr Member

Closest one's in San Antonio. Whatever it is, it'll probably be online the next day, so I won't waste the gas.

11. JoMamma_Smurf

JoMamma_Smurf Master Member

That was my first thought when I found the one near me sold out :lol

12. nickytea

nickytea Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Don't count on it. Last time they did this, there were guys with night vision scopes in the theater.

Also, if you found your local theater is "sold out", check again, they've started to add 10:30 showings.

13. Celtic007

Celtic007 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think this is all for a free screening of the prologue.

14. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Sr Member

I was referring to trailers.. they typically release the official HD trailer just a few days after it hits theaters, sometimes even before. I'm not going out of my way to see a trailer a few days early for a film that's not out for another year.

15. nickytea

There will be a new trailer, but this is for the Prologue. The first seven or so minutes of the movie. Different than the trailer.

16. Deric

Deric Sr Member

eh it will be online. The Dark Knight was the day the first 6 minutes was shown.

17. nickytea

I remember, but it was half the screen snuck from a camera in someone's hat.

18. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

Yup

I have two (free) tickets to go see TDKR at the Seattle IMAX on Monday

19. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Sr Member

Still, I'm not that in that much of a hurry. It's still like the trailer argument.. would you really want to tease yourself by watching the first few minutes of a moving, knowing you can't see the rest of it for six months? No, thanks, I can wait.

20. mandoman

mandoman New Member

Just came back from the preview, it was pretty awesome, not as cool as seeing the beginning of TDK in advance (the Joker heist can't be topped), but still made a great teaser.

For those who went, which shirt did you pick? I chose the "Legend" bat one.

21. NuRF

NuRF Well-Known Member

I'm going to the London Screening. It's not for another 5 hours so.......don't spoil it!

22. GiovanniDekkers

GiovanniDekkers Active Member

23. IndyFanChuck

IndyFanChuck Sr Member

DAMMIT! Not one in Memphis.

:cry

24. niennumb1

niennumb1 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Terrible phone quality. Not looking at that til there's a great quality one up. gah... Wish it was up!!!!