Opening / Repairing a MR TOS Tricorder

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

SimonM

Hello! I'm a modeler and prop collector. I recently purchased on eBay a Master Replica TOS Tricorder. I've read that many were shipped with or developed defects in function from shoddy solders and loose connections etc. My tricorder's sound and moire function properly, but the blue lights and scanner screen don't fully illuminate. Something appears to be loose because occasionally when handling the item the lights come back on at full normal intensity.So if I could figure out how to open the swiveling top section without damaging it, perhaps I could trouble shoot and repair the issue. I've seen older posts from folks like Reaper57 and others who have experience repairing these MR replicas so I know it is possible.Anyone here who can help? Or know of someone who has experience repairing these?Thank you!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.