OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet!‏

Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

Still waiting on their reply about return or exchange. When I log in, their system tells me that my pre-order back in September IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A RETURN. That's not a good sign.

I highly doubt that's the case. I would wait until you get a response from a real person rather than trusting their return system. You shouldn't blatantly say they don't accept returns until you have the facts. A company that doesn't accept returns even for defective products is almost unheard of and I'm 100% sure Anovos will take care of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

You must have missed my "giving them the benefit of the doubt" comment above. I really do hope it's a misunderstanding. I was surprised myself, rechecked the info and still received the same response. I would prefer to talk to someone there. However, starting the return/exchange process is only online and no cust svc phone # is provided. If you have a problem or concern, you have to start a ticket which is only done online.

I highly doubt that's the case. I would wait until you get a response from a real person rather than trusting their return system. You shouldn't blatantly say they don't accept returns until you have the facts. A company that doesn't accept returns even for defective products is almost unheard of and I'm 100% sure Anovos will take care of you.

Thanks for the info. I will look into it. If not Vader, I might just save the money and apply it towards the upcoming Sideshow Boba Fett statue.

The 1/4 Premium Format Boba Fett from Sideshow still available on BIgBadToyStore. I got my pre-order in.

BTW ANOVOS emailed me this morning wanting to see pics of damage, so I sent them. Let's see what happens.

Which one?????

The 1/4 Premium Format Boba Fett from Sideshow still available on BIgBadToyStore. I got my pre-order in.

BTW ANOVOS emailed me this morning wanting to see pics of damage, so I sent them. Let's see what happens.
I watched your video and that black mark is strange. I definitely don't have anything like that on my helmet.

Good luck in getting it exchanged.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Still waiting on their reply about return or exchange. When I log in, their system tells me that my pre-order back in September IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A RETURN. That's not a good sign.

LOL, What we have said over multiple platforms during the holiday season was "Note that our staff also deserves time to spend with family so there may be delays in customer service response times through January 2, 2016. Critical issues will still be addressed, but returns/exchanges will be put on hold (until after the 2nd).

We will always offer returns, exchanges, and of course our "no questions asked" refunds for pre-ordered items as seen here: http://www.anovos.com/pages/terms-and-conditions

As for some of the problems identified with The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet; those questions are best left for Got Maul, but what I can tell you is that out of run of oh...lets just say "more than any mass produced high end costume piece ever" we've identified that the problems presented in this run number less than 1%, and of active tickets in our customer service system the number of customers with a helmet that displays any sort of problem is...thirteen. That's the number 13. Thirteen helmets out of again "a bunch". :)

LaCrimeGuy, please drop me a PM with your ticket number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Take care everybody,
John

John Cooley
ANOVOS
Product Development,
Social Media Serf,
Token Trekkie,
and Customer Service

PM sent. I look forward to working this out.

Thank you.

LOL, What we have said over multiple platforms during the holiday season was "Note that our staff also deserves time to spend with family so there may be delays in customer service response times through January 2, 2016. Critical issues will still be addressed, but returns/exchanges will be put on hold (until after the 2nd).

We will always offer returns, exchanges, and of course our "no questions asked" refunds for pre-ordered items as seen here: http://www.anovos.com/pages/terms-and-conditions

As for some of the problems identified with The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet; those questions are best left for Got Maul, but what I can tell you is that out of run of oh...lets just say "more than any mass produced high end costume piece ever" we've identified that the problems presented in this run number less than 1%, and of active tickets in our customer service system the number of customers with a helmet that displays any sort of problem is...thirteen. That's the number 13. Thirteen helmets out of again "a bunch". :)

LaCrimeGuy, please drop me a PM with your ticket number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Take care everybody,
John

John Cooley
ANOVOS
Product Development,
Social Media Serf,
Token Trekkie,
and Customer Service

Got mine today.

IMG_20151229_110715_zpsnecznjud.jpg

IMG_20151229_110801_zps6yrf4fix.jpg

IMG_20151229_112212_zps68a6hb4s.jpg

IMG_20151229_112502_zpsw6s4go7i.jpg

Is it flawless? No

Major flaws? No. No sapping glue or something that way. But is has the heat ripples on the front, and the black gap around the silver "mic"tip.

Would i complain if the company is in Germany? Probably yes.

Will i complain with the company in the US? No. One reason is .....will i get a better one, or just one with other small flaws. For that the ways and expenses are not worth it. I already paid 63$ for shipping (custom fees not counted), shall i really spend that again to send it back (here in Germany the law says the company has to pay returns and exchanges due to flaws/damage) for an unknown outcome.

From what i´ve read over the many forums i assume others feel the same - so those 13 tickets may not show how less problems there are, more that many people prefer to live with the problems instead of choosing the hassle of a return/exchange for a hopefully better one.

It feels like those clonehelmets i know from the toystore, not like a over 300$ helmet (all expenses counted together) - but as long as i don´t touch it it looks not bad from the usual viewing distance, as seen on the last pic. To be honest, i feel the same for other helmets and their prices from other makers too, just from different reasons.

Never mind... I opened up a ticket...

Last edited:

LOL...As for some of the problems identified with The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet; those questions are best left for Got Maul, but what I can tell you is that out of run of oh...lets just say "more than any mass produced high end costume piece ever" we've identified that the problems presented in this run number less than 1%, and of active tickets in our customer service system the number of customers with a helmet that displays any sort of problem is...thirteen. That's the number 13. Thirteen helmets out of again "a bunch". :)

John Cooley
ANOVOS
Social Media Serf,
and Customer Service

Oh, well as long as you don't see an issue, I guess that's alright then. Full disclosure, as a patiently waiting customer, your post leaves a bad taste in my mouth - perhaps a little less smug attitude might serve the "social media serf and customer service" rep for a company currently, let's be blunt, struggling to fulfill its promises a little better?

Got mine today.

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/...rmtrooper/IMG_20151229_110715_zpsnecznjud.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/...rmtrooper/IMG_20151229_110801_zps6yrf4fix.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/...rmtrooper/IMG_20151229_112212_zps68a6hb4s.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/...rmtrooper/IMG_20151229_112502_zpsw6s4go7i.jpg

Is it flawless? No

Major flaws? No. No sapping glue or something that way. But is has the heat ripples on the front, and the black gap around the silver "mic"tip.

Would i complain if the company is in Germany? Probably yes.

Will i complain with the company in the US? No. One reason is .....will i get a better one, or just one with other small flaws. For that the ways and expenses are not worth it. I already paid 63$ for shipping (custom fees not counted), shall i really spend that again to send it back (here in Germany the law says the company has to pay returns and exchanges due to flaws/damage) for an unknown outcome.

From what i´ve read over the many forums i assume others feel the same - so those 13 tickets may not show how less problems there are, more that many people prefer to live with the problems instead of choosing the hassle of a return/exchange for a hopefully better one.

It feels like those clonehelmets i know from the toystore, not like a over 300$ helmet (all expenses counted together) - but as long as i don´t touch it it looks not bad from the usual viewing distance, as seen on the last pic. To be honest, i feel the same for other helmets and their prices from other makers too, just from different reasons.

Take care everybody,
John

John Cooley
ANOVOS
Product Development,
Social Media Serf,
Token Trekkie,
and Customer Service

Lichtbringer - If you've received a product that is substandard i'd contact Anovos if I were you. I've not received my helmet to UK yet but if it arrives with faults i'll be contacting Anovos asap! You shouldn't have to put up with a poor quality product, especially not for the price charged.

John Cooley - Can you confirm that your company will cover the return shipping costs for any substandard helmets? You can't expect buyers to be out of pocket due to your manufacturing errors. Don't you guys have quality control? No helmets should be shipped unless they're perfect.

I agree that some of the flaws on shipped helmets are concerning, but expecting every helmet to be perfect in every customers opinion is not realistic. There will be some gaps that don't line up exactly. Some people will think that is acceptable while others will think that is totally unacceptable.

These are $200-250 helmets. That is pretty low cost for a nice full size helmet. Name some other Star Wars helmets that are this close to screen accurate and are in that price range. The closest I am aware of is the efx Stormtrooper. It has some known inaccuracies.

Comparing to fan made helmets isn't totally fair because the fan doesn't pay licensing costs or need to get approval for the product. There are plenty of complaints about certain fan prop makers being very slow or delivering bad products.

Got Mine yesterday & couldn't be happier.

Lightweight - Good for Trooping

Lenses - I can see fine through them - Especially compared to a TK Helmet - Whoever compared the lenses to saran wrap needs to check their meds. - The lenses are nice and clear and solidly made - No flex to them at all.

I've got a little gap near the aereator, but on my second viewing of the movie I noticed a few of the screen used helmets looked like there was a slight gap there too.

Overall Great helmet for the money! Fine for trooping or displaying in my book.

Oh, well as long as you don't see an issue, I guess that's alright then. Full disclosure, as a patiently waiting customer, your post leaves a bad taste in my mouth - perhaps a little less smug attitude might serve the "social media serf and customer service" rep for a company currently, let's be blunt, struggling to fulfill its promises a little better?

Hi Timmy,

Just to be clear, there are a few problems that occur whenever any object is mass produced. We're very aware of the issues people are identifying, and work to correct them. Some are real manufacturing defects, some are related to damage in shipping, and one or two small issues identified are not problems at all but are part of the way these helmets and their screen used cousins were designed and made.

As to any "smugness" that may have come across, I assure your that as humor often doesn't translate well over the interwebs that you may have misread my "inflection" (also something that doesn't transmit well). As one of our Customer Service team I'm on the front lines of receiving all the communications that come into our little company, good and bad. Delays are not only disappointing for everyone waiting out there in the world but for me and everyone else in and around Anovos. However, they do happen from time to time and we do our best to roll with what comes our way but always stand behind our products.

With that in mind, razorsharp192 is right; if you have a problem - contact us. You can reach out to us at support@anovos.com, or even to me at john@anovos.com. We'll always do what we can to help (as some on this board can attest to). And yes razor, if there is a manufacturing defect present we take care of it. ;)

Take care,
John

I agree that some of the flaws on shipped helmets are concerning, but expecting every helmet to be perfect in every customers opinion is not realistic. There will be some gaps that don't line up exactly. Some people will think that is acceptable while others will think that is totally unacceptable.

These are $200-250 helmets. That is pretty low cost for a nice full size helmet. Name some other Star Wars helmets that are this close to screen accurate and are in that price range. The closest I am aware of is the efx Stormtrooper. It has some known inaccuracies.

Comparing to fan made helmets isn't totally fair because the fan doesn't pay licensing costs or need to get approval for the product. There are plenty of complaints about certain fan prop makers being very slow or delivering bad products.

$250 would be cheap for a fibreglass helmet, but these are thin plastic helmets (comparable to the MR CE helmet which was $99 when it was released), for the price they should be perfect (I don't mean in terms of screen accuracy (although they do look great), I mean in terms of how they are manufactured), there should not be any gaps in the panels, no parts pushing through the nose area, rippling etc, these defects are not acceptable, although from John's response, it does seem that Anovos are willing to resolve any issues which is good to hear (and I assume they will cover return shipping costs as John has not responded on that point, can you confirm please John?).

I haven't compared the helmet to any fan made props, so assuming that comment wasn't aimed at me.

You can't compare prices with MR because they had their SW license pre-economic crash. Inflation has occurred since then and the US dollar does not go as far as it used to.

How long ago was the MR CE sold for $99? The efx Stormtrooper is close to $200. Considering MR went out of business, maybe selling helmets for $99 didn't work out so well.

Another difference is MR wasn't dealing with Disney. I have no idea if Disney is worse to work with, but it is a different company, so they may do things differently.

Has there ever been a high quality licensed fiberglass helmet around $200? From what I understand, even high quality fan made fiberglass helmets cost more than that to produce.

The fan made comment was just a general comment. Some posters compare fan made props to licensed props. They usually say fan made are always better. The two situations are very different as far as oversight, expenses, and manufacturing. Sometimes fan made props are good, sometimes they are bad. Same for licensed.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back