OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet!‏

Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

anyone else watch that video thinking "just get the helmet out of the damn box!" ? Terrible video too, no mention of the quality of the helmet

Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

I'm considering preordering one, but would like to use those 10% coupons. Anyone have one they aren't using? When/where were they sent out, I don't think I received one.

they are sent out when ever you place a order and is only active for 2 weeks, normally they fall in your junk mail as that is where I normally have found mine.

I apparently didn't get one because I ordered 'too early' on the TK armor. Ah well, I got one now, thanks!

And got a 10% discount code with the new order. If anyone needs one, let me know, it's good for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

This picture was posted by Navajo Bro on his build thread here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32859-navajo-bros-build-with-questions/

StormTrooper.jpg
The cheek tabs are definitely thinner, I would say movie accurate. Keep in mind that this is the fiberglass version that only 501st members have gotten so far. Hopefully the same mold will be used on both.

I guess we'll have to wait for the new product pictures to be sure! Hopefully they're of the actual production helmet.

Can't recall if it is here Or Facebook anovos but they plan on having more photos before the month is over.

Will offer the ability to upgrade to the premium version at any time

Also include inside shots as well -

anovos has been VERY responsive on their Facebook page and rpf threads

Great to see that kind of engagement

This picture was posted by Navajo Bro on his build thread here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32859-navajo-bros-build-with-questions/

View attachment 526280
The cheek tabs are definitely thinner, I would say movie accurate. Keep in mind that this is the fiberglass version that only 501st members have gotten so far. Hopefully the same mold will be used on both.

It concerns me he also mentions cracked helmets and loose linings. For 7-8 hundred dollars, I'd expect it to be the highest quality fiberglass and glue on the market....

I'm remaining optimistic yet as even they have said that the celebration kits that we have seen are prototype kits and have made lots of changes since then

The celebration/501st helmets were being assembled by hand by the anovos staff right to the last possible second. A production run of the fiberglass versions should be a bit more precise and well-assembled.

The celebration/501st helmets were being assembled by hand by the anovos staff right to the last possible second. A production run of the fiberglass versions should be a bit more precise and well-assembled.

While I appreciate them upping their social relations game, it seems all we get out of them is delays and apologies. Have they actually shipped any "production" Star Wars product to date? (Not trying to be a smart ass, I honestly don't know. I stop following after I cancelled my trooper order.)

Personally, the "promise" of quality means diddly squat to me. As soon as they start delivering on these promises I'll give them credit where it is due.... Until then, I reserve my right to be VERY skeptical.

While the last couple of months has made me a bit warry as well, I am comforted a bit by the pic of production Solo gun belts weathered and almost ready to go. That's the first product they've actually been able to demonstrate that they are close to shipping on, which is a good start anyways. Just hope they keep it up.

Cool idea allowing an upgrade( paying the difference) at the time of shipping, I really hope things go well next year with these buckets, both for us the customers and for Anovos

We're the screen used helmets made from abs or fiberglass?

probably neither

I started a support ticket with Anovos when they released the TFA First Order Stormtrooper Helmet to find out when the rest of the armor would be available and whether the helmet was always sold separately or as a set. This was the reply:

09/04/2015 11:27 am
Hi Alan,

We will be offering the rest of the armor within the next 30 to 60 days, and we plan on offering the armor as a set to include the helmet.

Then I asked what the prices would be and whether the different trim lines would be available. This was the response:

09/08/2015 12:58 am
Hi Alan,

This is still being worked on. When we have more information, we'll be passing this along via our newsletter. If you haven't done so already, please subscribe by going to: http://bit.ly/anovosnews

I was already subscribed to their newsletter, but when I clicked on the link to update my subscription there was an additional news category called
Star Wars™: The Force Awakens Notification List, which I was not subscribed to, so I am now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Good share there mate! The good news is anovos has a full refund cancellation policy so one could pre-order and then cancel if one feels that they want to pick up the full armor with helmet. Like that there's flexibility there

Most likely a custom formulated PVC product. No, wait, they were ABS. No, no hang on, now it's PVC again...
:angel

he was asking the ones they're using to make the movies, I figured they might use something like hdpe like afore ><

All licensees claim to have sourced the original to make their copies. While that may be true, they always fail to add the changes that have to be made for the production process, and cost.

The Anovos helmets are not accurate at all. There are numerous differences from material, to overall appearance. The oriignal helmets were made from a Poly material that Anovos stated was not cost effective to use on their product.

Their base line is ABS, and the premium line will be fiberglass. Both incorrect.

Pass.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back