OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet!‏

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by cyberpyrot, Sep 4, 2015.

1. cyberpyrot

cyberpyrot Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper He...

I gotta wait. There are some edges that seem too soft, and the thickness of those cheek tabs next to the eyes somehow makes it look dopier than the streamlined film helmets. I know Anovos has said that this is modeled after a production helmet and that there must be subtle variations, but in all of the trailers, BTS, articles, promotional photography and event displays I've only yet seen the sharper, leaner, meaner helmet.

3. sdhlaw1701

sdhlaw1701 Member

Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

Does anyone know if this will be the only First Order Stormtrooper helmet they will be offering. Or will there be a more premier one?

4. Guff

Guff Active Member

Re: OOOOO Anovos announces another Pre-Order ---- The First Order Stormtrooper Helmet

Hopefully the full armour set won't be too far behind...

5. Cry-Lo Ren

Cry-Lo Ren Active Member

i remember seeing a youtube video where they speak of having a regular version for $200 and then a more high accurate one later on this year for something like $600-$800 so best to hold off

6. Cry-Lo Ren

Cry-Lo Ren Active Member

ok so word in from the anovos Facebook and i quote

" this standard version has a simplified interior with an adjustable hardhat-type suspension system. A Premier line version of this helmet is in the works which will feature an upgraded interior as well as other features. More detailed to come"

and then when asked about the price for the premier version they said,

"pricing is still being finalized however we're looking at around $700-$800"

dam that is more then the vader it better come super screen accurate with built in fans lol.

So i guess we can just used this $200 for display, kids, and occasional cost-play and then wait for the premier line for display purposes. well at least that is probably how I will be using mines for :D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  7. RVeldhuyzen

RVeldhuyzen Active Member

I hope it will be more screen accurate than the ones they had on display at Celebration, and which the 501st got access to. They are nice, but there are quite a few inaccuracies there.
    Now I'm sure those are very early versions and they have spent a lot more time on the ones that they will actually sell later on. But the ones we have seen so far are definitely not worth $700-800.
    Especially the brow line not sticking out irritates me to no end! :p

Helm_12.jpg

These are not my photo's btw. The right one is one of the costumes that was on display at Celebration. The left one is an Anovos one.

8. Cry-Lo Ren

Cry-Lo Ren Active Member

which helmet is the one on the left? that thing looks so far from the the on the right you would think rubies made it lol

- - - Updated - - -

ops nevermind i just saw your mention under the photo, wow if that is anovos then I will defiantly pass on that one.

9. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

The design we've seen so far matches what you can buy now for $200 (or later for $250). Hopefully the $700-800 fiberglass one that comes down the road will have the brow, white cheek tab thickness, and other details corrected. To be completely fair, the different focal lengths of those images raise issues that aren't there with broad geometry and the lighting on the film helmet better shows scribed details and the form overall.

10. RVeldhuyzen

That is a good point. But the smooth edges that should be quite sharp, the missing brow and the cheek tabs are definitely there and I would love to see those corrected :)

11. JBReplicas

JBReplicas Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Also I think the helmet in the right of that image is one of the screen helmets.

12. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

It is; that's why they're comparing the two!

13. JBReplicas

JBReplicas Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ah I just read Celebration display and thought it was being suggested that the other was also an Anovos, I know one Anovos suit was displayed and then there was the separate screen used displays, carry on. :)

14. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey all, the pics that were shown were taken way too hot for our liking so we are reshooting them. On top of that, the helmet pictured was an early prototype. We are loading up the actual injection in just a week. Sharp is an understatement with this injected helmet and can't wait to 1. Getting our lighting right, 2. Show off the production sample.

dejordzta likes this.
  15. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

I can't wait either as you got me, my order is in!

16. RVeldhuyzen

That sounds good. I can't wait to see the actual product :)

17. blewis17

blewis17 Sr Member

Video of helmet unboxing

~

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  18. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Looks like possibly thinner white cheek tabs on the helmet in that unboxing video! Was that a last minute revision?

19. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

Hey Got Maul,

if customers buy this bucket will they have the opportunity to purchase just the ABS armour on its own when it's available to the public? , i would hold out if I cant get the suit without the helmet in the future as I don't need two buckets.would be greatful if you could clear this up.

20. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Is that a prototype? Or they already in production for the VII helmets?

21. razorsharp192

razorsharp192 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

anyone else watch that video thinking "just get the helmet out of the * box!" ? Terrible video too, no mention of the quality of the helmet

22. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I'm considering preordering one, but would like to use those 10% coupons. Anyone have one they aren't using? When/where were they sent out, I don't think I received one.

23. Cry-Lo Ren

Cry-Lo Ren Active Member

they are sent out when ever you place a order and is only active for 2 weeks, normally they fall in your junk mail as that is where I normally have found mine.

24. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I apparently didn't get one because I ordered 'too early' on the TK armor. Ah well, I got one now, thanks!

And got a 10% discount code with the new order. If anyone needs one, let me know, it's good for 2 weeks.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  25. Seth The Nerd

Seth The Nerd New Member

This picture was posted by Navajo Bro on his build thread here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32859-navajo-bros-build-with-questions/

StormTrooper.jpg
    The cheek tabs are definitely thinner, I would say movie accurate. Keep in mind that this is the fiberglass version that only 501st members have gotten so far. Hopefully the same mold will be used on both.

26. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

I guess we'll have to wait for the new product pictures to be sure! Hopefully they're of the actual production helmet.

CoolHand likes this.
  27. CoolHand

CoolHand New Member

Can't recall if it is here Or Facebook anovos but they plan on having more photos before the month is over.

Will offer the ability to upgrade to the premium version at any time

Also include inside shots as well -

anovos has been VERY responsive on their Facebook page and rpf threads

Great to see that kind of engagement

28. Mr Mold Maker

Mr Mold Maker Sr Member

It concerns me he also mentions cracked helmets and loose linings. For 7-8 hundred dollars, I'd expect it to be the highest quality fiberglass and glue on the market....

CoolHand likes this.
  29. CoolHand

CoolHand New Member

I'm remaining optimistic yet as even they have said that the celebration kits that we have seen are prototype kits and have made lots of changes since then

30. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

The celebration/501st helmets were being assembled by hand by the anovos staff right to the last possible second. A production run of the fiberglass versions should be a bit more precise and well-assembled.

CoolHand likes this.
  31. Mr Mold Maker

Mr Mold Maker Sr Member

While I appreciate them upping their social relations game, it seems all we get out of them is delays and apologies. Have they actually shipped any "production" Star Wars product to date? (Not trying to be a smart *, I honestly don't know. I stop following after I cancelled my trooper order.)

Personally, the "promise" of quality means diddly squat to me. As soon as they start delivering on these promises I'll give them credit where it is due.... Until then, I reserve my right to be VERY skeptical.

JJ Griffin and CoolHand like this.
  32. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

While the last couple of months has made me a bit warry as well, I am comforted a bit by the pic of production Solo gun belts weathered and almost ready to go. That's the first product they've actually been able to demonstrate that they are close to shipping on, which is a good start anyways. Just hope they keep it up.

33. Al May

Al May Well-Known Member

Cool idea allowing an upgrade( paying the difference) at the time of shipping, I really hope things go well next year with these buckets, both for us the customers and for Anovos

34. mwells

mwells Well-Known Member

We're the screen used helmets made from abs or fiberglass?

35. Dao2

Dao2 Well-Known Member

probably neither

36. VancouverTroop

VancouverTroop New Member

I started a support ticket with Anovos when they released the TFA First Order Stormtrooper Helmet to find out when the rest of the armor would be available and whether the helmet was always sold separately or as a set. This was the reply:

[TABLE="class: thread-entry response, width: 800"]
    [TR]
    [TH]09/04/2015 11:27 am[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: thread-body"]Hi Alan,

We will be offering the rest of the armor within the next 30 to 60 days, and we plan on offering the armor as a set to include the helmet.

Then I asked what the prices would be and whether the different trim lines would be available. This was the response:

[TABLE="class: thread-entry response, width: 800"]
    [TR]
    [TH]09/08/2015 12:58 am[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: thread-body"]Hi Alan,

This is still being worked on. When we have more information, we'll be passing this along via our newsletter. If you haven't done so already, please subscribe by going to: http://bit.ly/anovosnews[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

I was already subscribed to their newsletter, but when I clicked on the link to update my subscription there was an additional news category called
    Star Wars™: The Force Awakens Notification List, which I was not subscribed to, so I am now!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    CoolHand likes this.
  37. CoolHand

CoolHand New Member

Good share there mate! The good news is anovos has a full refund cancellation policy so one could pre-order and then cancel if one feels that they want to pick up the full armor with helmet. Like that there's flexibility there

38. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

Most likely a custom formulated PVC product. No, wait, they were ABS. No, no hang on, now it's PVC again...
    :angel

JJ Griffin likes this.
  39. Dao2

Dao2 Well-Known Member

he was asking the ones they're using to make the movies, I figured they might use something like hdpe like afore ><

40. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

All licensees claim to have sourced the original to make their copies. While that may be true, they always fail to add the changes that have to be made for the production process, and cost.

The Anovos helmets are not accurate at all. There are numerous differences from material, to overall appearance. The oriignal helmets were made from a Poly material that Anovos stated was not cost effective to use on their product.

Their base line is ABS, and the premium line will be fiberglass. Both incorrect.

Pass.

41. benhs1898

benhs1898 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Most licensors have final say on how a product is made and what it looks like. They often REQUIRE changes that make the items inaccurate. Welcome to the world of licensed replicas :). I, for one, am looking forward to this release; I only hope I can afford it when it drops.

42. Gnar Gnar Jinn

Gnar Gnar Jinn Active Member

If you don't like it, you're free to go and make your own more accurate version... sure the side "tabs" next to the visors are a bit thick and the material isn't screen accurate, I't * close for a licensed costume... most fandoms are lucky to have licensed costumes a third as good as Anovos.

This goes to all of you that are complaining, there is nothing forcing you to buy Anovos products, If you don't like their business model, don't buy from them. They haven't had the license for long, and product development takes awhile. As does learning how to work with your partner companies (licensor and manufacturing in this case). Negative, whiny attitudes won't help. Now if Anovos continues to have delays like EFX then we'll have an issue, but remember, this is a small niche market, companies that cater to us don't have the resources that companies that serve the general public do. If you want product fast... go buy Rubies.

Inquisitor Peregrinus likes this.
  43. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

I know. I was deliberately being a smartass. And this goes out to all of you getting a bit defensive on behalf of Anovos. Yes, they've had the license a relatively short time, but in that time they've already managed to miss the first delivery dates by a year and a half...and counting. On, let's not forget, paid-in-full pre-orders. Pleanty of good reasons it's happened, but it has happened. Based on what they've shown so far, I don't think anyone is cancelling pre-orders, and most people are prepared to stick it out, but some ribbing is not entirely out of line given the circumstances. Relax, Anovos is, more or less, owning the problems that have occurred, everyone who has plunked down cash seems pretty relaxed about their growing pains, so I don't think they are in dire need of defenders just yet.

THXBOY, JJ Griffin and Westies14 like this.
  44. Dao2

Dao2 Well-Known Member

Using HDPE like on the stunt helmets and stuff isn't a great idea as the material doesn't hold up at all. It was meant too or needed in production, but as they are a costuming company it would be counterproductive. If you want original stuff EFX's new lid is supposed to be the original materials however they are quite clear that you shouldn't wear or troop around in it and that it's for display only cause of that. Also ABS isn't completely incorrect, wasn't the original hero stuff ABS?

45. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

I am referring to the Force Awakens helmets. No they were not ABS.

EFX is no different than any other licensee.......they make big claims and always fall short. There are no licensed products that are true replicas of the items to which they are replicating, this holds true when it comes to Star Wars. There is always something off.

46. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Inquisitor Peregrinus Master Member

There's also the matter of skewed expectations. We've gotten spoiled by cheap materials from China and their overworked, underpaid workforce. One of the things ANOVOS have to find is the balance between quality, cost, and MSRP. For instance, because of American cost of living and the typical costs for skilled labor, if one wanted a tailored Imperial Officer uniform, made from accurate materials, and designed for actual wear and not with the shortcuts of a movie costume, you're looking at over a thousand dollars for a bespoke suit. If we weren't at the wrong end of half a century of stagnant wages and ever-rising inflation, that wouldn't be so bad. But between the fact that most of the buying audience doesn't have the funds, and public expectations have been affected by cheap import goods, it can be tricky to find ways to cut overhead to keep the price down without sacrificing quality.

One way to do that is to take the actual manufacturing process to those overworked, underpaid factories overseas, but that adds in whole new layers of delay -- language barriers and misunderstandings or misinterpretations, cheaper materials not living up to hopes, much back and forth travel and communication, and ultimately the licensor's approval at every step of the process.

ANOVOS have said they're trying to find the best route through that minefield. They want to make quality costumes tha tstand up to years of actual use and being worn, but are also trying to keep costs down so they don't have to charge several grand each. So yeah, they're still experimenting with the best materials for the TFA Stormtrooper helmets to find the best fit to tick the customer satisfaction, ease of manufacture, and and lowest possible cost boxes. They're not changing their minds on a whim.

--Jonah

47. Dao2

Dao2 Well-Known Member

Yes I know you were referring to TFA, I was saying maybe TFA helmets use some material other then ABS, PVC, or fiber. I dunno much about them :(

Yeah I know EFX make changes and I don't really want to preorder things from them but there is a good reason why Anovos and most won't use HDPE for the helmets and imo it's completely valid.... It's more expensive, it's not durable, it's not even the right color :p

48. work22

work22 New Member

Hey, any idea when these pics of the production sample are going up? I'd love to get in on this initial run before the end of the month but I'm not comfortable committing money to it until I see what changes are being made to correct some of the known issues with the pre release helmets.

CoolHand likes this.
  49. CoolHand

CoolHand New Member

Same as the above posts Got Maul - new photos eta?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

50. vtswordfish

vtswordfish Sr Member

Anyone have an extra coupon by chance?