One more Hasbro Rebels X-Wing

IMG_1068.jpg1.0 on top and the .75 on the bottom.

Last edited:
Okay fixed the link. I will be stating over on these parts this weekend. The clap board is all .040 so that leaves a pretty big step between the end wraps and the surface of the PVC pipe. So I decided to wrap that part as well with plain .030 which will leave me that very subtle step down between the smooth and the textured parts just like the model part. I was also looking at a xerox's of the pryo wings I blew up on the copier. I also put one of my Captain Card board wings with and engine attached to see what it would look like it did not work out but I was looking at that because it was still in with the the other copies and at the setting the clapboard pattern matches the 1.0 almost exactly. That little part of the engine is about the only thing that came out clear on that copy. I will update with photos when I get the first few done.

A definite improvement. I'll be following your lead, Hopson. I just need to find out how much it will cost to ship the tube from Plastruct to Australia before I can start myself.

Yea where I was having to cut slots for parts to sit flush with both surfaces before. Now it is going to be slightly flattening the textured area with a file before glueing the detail pieces down.

Sorry I have not updated this. I am on jury service, this next week the court is dark. I hope I can get the rest done next week. The case is supposed to last for about 10 days. Not including our deliberations. :(

Hmmm I know that feeling. Between work and my wife's never ending stream of appointments I don't seem to have any time to do anything either.

Sorry I have not updated this. I am on jury service, this next week the court is dark. I hope I can get the rest done next week. The case is supposed to last for about 10 days. Not including our deliberations. :(

kurauak I saw your post I really like what you have done with the tail end. I also got the Hobby Boss Sherman to do what you are doing. You can see some photos of that at the begining of this thread, but for what ever reason I ended up starting with the engines. Maybe because I thought it would be a simple project. There are six pieces for each engine just for the wrapping. that does not count all the other little pieces that go over the top of those. I am still trying to figure out what thickness of plastic to use for the plated areas.

Last edited:
So got all the warping done tonight and finished the more detailed plant on stuff. My computer is getting a new hard drive so pictues will need to wait untill sometime tomorrow.
Now I need to ask myself do I do all 4 or mold the two best.

Finally an update. A small one but progress all the same. I got all the plant on detail done for the back of the second wing top engine I still need the small boxes on the front and the lip detail I will get that done soon. Then on to the access hatches.
IMG_1544.JPGIMG_1545.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back