Announcement One less click.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
A lot of you have asked about adding a hover feature in for drop down menus. We have done so. Not quite sure how I feel about it just yet, but you asked and we delivered. Please give us feedback here on the hover drop downs and any issues you have with them.

PS. Try not to misread this thread title. We didn't ban anyone... yet. :lol

Just a quick assessment from playing around with them:
The double drop downs could become an irritation. If one overshoots Forum Actions, or Quick Links they are blocked by Props, Costumes, or Models.

I will see what happens when I check my subscribed threads tomorrow and am not thinking about it.

Just noticed that those hover based menus overlap the breadcrumbs and thread titles (in the thread view where the feature box is missing) what can make it very hard to navigate properly in my eyes.

It's not giving me the problems I thought it would, so I think I am going to like it. Also, Yeah! Home is now on the left! Thank you! That's one less click for me as well as I kept going to RPF feed accidentally when I meant to go home.

The changeover to hover solved my only major UX issue. Great job, I'm jumping around and definitely getting to read more of the forum now...which if everyone else has the same experience should mean more page/ad views!

Everybody wins!

-Nick

It's not giving me the problems I thought it would, so I think I am going to like it. Also, Yeah! Home is now on the left! Thank you! That's one less click for me as well as I kept going to RPF feed accidentally when I meant to go home.

One step at a time... we are working on it!

No worries. There is still a TREMENDOUS amount of tweaking that we are doing right now in order to find the right mix between form and function. Clearly, we overestimated the extreme variations in what people are seeing on their end. We didn't get complaints from our test group and thought we were in pretty good shape.

We are now having to go back and sacrifice form (quite a bit of it actually) to ensure functionality is there. It is quite frustrating considering the time and effort we put in but an awesome looking site that isn't functional is a useless site...

I picked up on the Mouse Over earlier today and it's very much appreciated. Makes getting from one section to another much easier for me.

No worries. There is still a TREMENDOUS amount of tweaking that we are doing right now in order to find the right mix between form and function. Clearly, we overestimated the extreme variations in what people are seeing on their end. We didn't get complaints from our test group and thought we were in pretty good shape.

We are now having to go back and sacrifice form (quite a bit of it actually) to ensure functionality is there. It is quite frustrating considering the time and effort we put in but an awesome looking site that isn't functional is a useless site...

That's why pretty and nefty websites don't usually get many return visitors ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back