One Day Mini-project: Repaint a toy Enterprise

Chrisisall

Sr Member
I have an Art Asylum Wrath Of Khan Enterprise that I really like, but was never too crazy about the paint job, or the semi-translucent plastic that allowed light to highlight the sound device in the saucer section... I'd detailed it some previously, but nothing major.
I prepped it a few days ago...
SANY4313.jpg

And yesterday after work, I painted her up until bed time. Dull coated this morning. Here's the result:

SANY4779.jpg

SANY4784.jpg

SANY4786.jpg

SANY4782.jpg

And here's a sunlight picture:

SANY4790.jpg

I didn't go for the aztecing- it's just a toy, really- but I kinda like how it came out.

Last edited:
I can't believe it's the same model!!! Really nice paint job. I love the lighter areas that simulate the spotlight illumination. it'd look great on my sideboard! :lol

You did a great job on her! In the first picture, she looks so gray and...war-weary, or something. You've brought the majesty back to the look!
I like the painted-on light glow, too. Since those lit-up areas were projected onto the ship from exterior lighting for the movies, your approach is certainly no "worse"..!:)
Only question is, I'd expect your Enterprise to be 1/18 scale!:lol

You did a great job on her! In the first picture, she looks so gray and...war-weary, or something. You've brought the majesty back to the look!
My absolute favourite look of the Enterprise was in Star Trek III, when she was pulling into, and later escaping from spacedock. The grandeur was awesome... the ship is a medium pearl white, but in space with very little direct light source (and even spacedock was deliberately low-lit) she appears grey except where self-lit. That was what I was going for.
I admittedly do tend to go a little dark on my Enterprises, though.:rolleyes

I guess when I said 'gray' I meant to imply in mood, more than color. It is misleading...well, misleading as in the sense when someone says "You're in a blue mood today." lol
As for the 1/18th scale comment, forget that. For some bizarre reason, I thought it was Atlanthia's model. No idea why, tho'....:wacko

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back