OMG Grusderk is Dutch!

Herald

I stumbled upon this website FramedProps. Well not really stumbled since I met the guy who runs it last weekend (I'm even on a picture with him). I was wondering what kinda props he had for sale and to my surprise there was a listing for Predator items. Who would've thought I could get Predator stuff in my own country? After that pleasant surprise I was even more surprised at the accompanying pictures by the items.

The pics remind me of the work of our good friend Grusderk. Well not only remind, I'm pretty sure they are his pics. On one of the pictures there's a bottle of Pepsi Cola Retro, which was never sold in The Netherlands, but is available in Mexico.

Maybe I meet the guy this weekend again, so what should I say. I'm only a tough guy on the internet so I'm not likely going to say in his face he's ripping of a Mexican dude with a bad rep in the international Predator costuming community ;)

I also wonder how he can claim the production time is 8 weeks if he doesn't make his own props. Maybe he thinks Grusderk is a fast worker :)

I stumbled upon this website FramedProps. Well not really stumbled since I met the guy who runs it last weekend (I'm even on a picture with him). I was wondering what kinda props he had for sale and to my surprise there was a listing for Predator items. Who would've thought I could get Predator stuff in my own country? After that pleasant surprise I was even more surprised at the accompanying pictures by the items.

The pics remind me of the work of our good friend Grusderk. Well not only remind, I'm pretty sure they are his pics. On one of the pictures there's a bottle of Pepsi Cola Retro, which was never sold in The Netherlands, but is available in Mexico.

Maybe I meet the guy this weekend again, so what should I say. I'm only a tough guy on the internet so I'm not likely going to say in his face he's ripping of a Mexican dude with a bad rep in the international Predator costuming community ;)

I also wonder how he can claim the production time is 8 weeks if he doesn't make his own props. Maybe he thinks Grusderk is a fast worker :)
this is grusderks work here's a link to his photoshop http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/grusderk/, he sent me,i know he had done some bad work in the past n none of us have heard from him in a while so he might be sorting himself out now,so he can do orders on time n masks of good quality again,everybody deserves a chance to come back.....

I checked the link and I cant see Gabes name ANYWHERE....so there is a chance that they have nicked grusderks pics for some reason.......seems a bit fishy.

Just checked their site ..they are using many other makers pics as if they are their own. Check the star wars props ...The Bly suit is not theirs...cant tell if they are claiming it is or if they are just doing a repaint. Then there is their gallery...they are claiming the "Death Proof" car ...c'mon ...KNB did that! there is an extensive behind the scenes look at what KNB did to pull off the crash, all "In camera" All seems fishy to me

Just checked their site ..they are using many other makes pics as if they are thier own. Check the star wars props ...The Bly suit is not theirs...cant tell if they are claiming it is or if they are just doing a repaint. Then there is there gallery...they are claiming the "Death Proof" car ...c'mon ...KNB did that! there is an extensive behind the scenes look at what KNB did to pull off the crash, all "In camera" All seems fishy to me
mmmmmm???makes yo think....might be using other peeps work n picts to pull customers in get dosh..then say we cannot produce goods on time ......lets see what pops up on this??

Just checked their site ..they are using many other makes pics as if they are thier own. Check the star wars props ...The Bly suit is not theirs...cant tell if they are claiming it is or if they are just doing a repaint. Then there is there gallery...they are claiming the "Death Proof" car ...c'mon ...KNB did that! there is an extensive behind the scenes look at what KNB did to pull off the crash, all "In camera" All seems fishy to me
Commander Bly is a paint job from a regular Clone trooper armour. On a different site someone poses with all white armour and the caption he made/assembled it himself and was waiting for some parts to arrive. On the site I posted it's a bit vague if they made everything themselves or tweaked a kit, it's probably the latter.

I don't think they mean that they created the Deathproof car. It's a rather vague section on the site, so it could be they recreated the paintjob or have some sort of prop from the movie. Who knows.

Well ..they are called Framed Props ..they gallery is called Framed props and costumes. The pic is the Death Proof car with Kurt Russell behind the wheel ...Seems like they are claiming it to me.

..Oh no ...they have like 7 people wanting one of Gabes suits ..all like in the last month or two ...poor bastards. Not bashing Gabe's current work...hoping he is refining ...there is just no way that he is gonna make that many suits in that short turn around time

gabe is in mexio for sure and that is gabes work some one is going to take alot of people for a ride if people that have orderd a costume of that farm props and dont get it if they find gabes site then there going to be having a go at him thats not fair i no gabes work went **** but does not need to have his work nicked wat do u guys think

Well ..they are called Framed Props ..they gallery is called Framed props and costumes. The pic is the Death Proof car with Kurt Russell behind the wheel ...Seems like they are claiming it to me.
it seems it's only the Duck that they have made/bought
http://framedprops.web-log.nl/mijn_weblog/...me_and_pro.html
..Oh no ...they have like 7 people wanting one of Gabes suits ..all like in the last month or two ...poor bastards. Not bashing Gabe's current work...hoping he is refining ...there is just no way that he is gonna make that many suits in that short turn around time
sure he can, although it will probably have the quality of the masks you got from him :)

That guy was a member here, he even bought some itmes from me. His name was "Framed"

But I haven't seen him on the Lair for a long time.

And indeed, they claim to be propbuilders and sellers but everything on the pics comes from Grusderk.

In the picture link; Take a look @ the last picture of the heads in the workshop. After that, type "grusderk" in the youtube search and you will find some footage of grusderk while giving a tour through his workshop. You will see that they match.

OK let me bring you all up to date.
Framedprops is one of my friends. I know he is not the guy who is on websites busy, normally he is propbuilding, or (also very needed) taking care of his kids and his honey.

Commander Bly is a project he is working on for 2 years. And the whole stuff is or self build or bougth from G. He also made a part 4 Bobba Fett and worked on it for I thougth 4 years.
OK the statue of the duck he bougth from one of his good pals.

And I see that he has made a partime job from his hobby.... propbuilding

I've been to Amsterdam with Commander Bly today. He told me they order the Predator costumes from a guy in America. So they don't make it, they just resell it. And yes Grusderk is from Mexico, but I don't think that Commander Bly (who I actually called Commander Bly all day until we exchanged names when we said goodbye) is a Predator prop expert :)

I know Gabo and he still in Mexico. I am trying to convince him to come on vacation to the states and maybe do business together but will see.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back