Omen Dagger of Megiddo

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mustang75

Hi

Well Ive always wanted a replica of the Daggers for the omen. So... I decided to see if I could 3D print one. I know there are different versions of the daggers, including the ones form the newer Damien TV show which were based on the originals but now one of the actual 1976 daggers surfaced on the Prop Store auction, there are now lots of high resolution photos available for reference.

I started with the 3D model and a test print of this. It turned out ok but needed a little work. I wanted to make it as close to the original as possible however I have used a little artisitc licence on the Christ figure. I have used a more definitive version with more detail than the prop. I understand that in reality the details wouldn't have been worn away over hundreds of years of handling by many priests so the details wold have worn but I may sand out some of the finer detail during the finishing process.

Im hoping once these are finalised I can start to print them out for sale. If anyones interested?! Obviously the original prop sold for £55,000 so someone must still like the Omen films!

The first revisions I need are to widen the top dome and reduce the height.....

Attachments

• Photo 14-01-2021, 16 07 57.jpg
    Photo 14-01-2021, 16 07 57.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Photo 24-11-2020, 23 59 15.jpg
    Photo 24-11-2020, 23 59 15.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 26

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JANDERS10

Great to see your work. The three films have different versions of the daggers, my own is based on The Final Conflict set.

IMG_4238.JPG
The original Omen daggers have a nipple on top of the dome. I know the auction one didn't, I guess it must have broken off, but if you go back to the film you clear see them on Bugenhagens table. Good luck.

mustang75

Great to see your work. The three films have different versions of the daggers, my own is based on The Final Conflict set.

View attachment 1411797
The original Omen daggers have a nipple on top of the dome. I know the auction one didn't, I guess it must have broken off, but if you go back to the film you clear see them on Bugenhagens table. Good luck.
Excellent work and well spotted. I will revisit the film and look. Is your dagger resin or metal cast?

mustang75

V2... Ive sanded a little, filled the joints and added the blade (yes its an octagonal blade but the hexagon one went a little wonky!?

I think next I'm going to shallow the recess behind Christs arms, increase the top dome size, sharpen up the mounting discs on the top and base and reduce the step out on the loincloth.....

Attachments

• Photo 14-01-2021, 16 08 37.jpg
    Photo 14-01-2021, 16 08 37.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 15

mustang75

V3 complete. More of a compact design, reduced recess, pommel adjusted, loin cloth reduced.

Next step, print using a brass colour resin....

Attachments

• Photo 14-01-2021, 16 08 50.jpg
    Photo 14-01-2021, 16 08 50.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9