OLDMAN DRACULA BUST... TEASER!!

Howard,
I know you have probably been asked this before, but what kind of time goes into these sorts of sculpts? I'm talking research, sketches, the whole thing. The amount of pure detail you put in these is really amazing. I love it.

Also, have you seen the busts that Tom Savini does? If not, you would probably love his work. I am a big fan of his classic Mummy bust.

Njc-----------

Originally posted by camper@Jan 29 2006, 07:27 PM
Hey Howard,

This is looking Freak’n Awesome Man.  :)

Hopefully I will get to paint one of these.  ;)

Are you going to sculpt in his robe and collar?

°Jeff

camper
[snapback]1171070[/snapback]​

Thanks again guys..

Jeff, I want real clothes on this one, kind of like I did for my Jack Bust :D There's just something about the real clothing I really dig and soon I'll be doing more with real hair, but this one was a great candidate for sculpted hair with the huge hives, I can't imagine that doo with a wig ;)

H

Originally posted by Noeland@Jan 30 2006, 05:35 AM
Howard,
I know you have probably been asked this before, but what kind of time goes into these sorts of sculpts? I'm talking research, sketches, the whole thing. The amount of pure detail you put in these is really amazing. I love it.

Also, have you seen the busts that Tom Savini does? If not, you would probably love his work. I am a big fan of his classic Mummy bust.

Njc-----------
[snapback]1171547[/snapback]​

Thanks Noeland.

I try and get the most I can on any given subject.... books, pictures, 8X10's, etc... the biggest problem with this one and my last one 'Jack' is that material is scarce. I really had to pull out all the stops to get reference, but still very little is out there? Just have to do the best with what you find?

I've seen Tom's stuff... I'm a big fan of his Fluffy :)

H

Originally posted by well paid killer@Jan 30 2006, 05:56 PM
WoW, this one crept out of the grave quietly. Looks absolutely amazing Howard. You are one skilled manbeast. :)
[snapback]1171882[/snapback]​

Thanks Bro..

H

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back