old republic mmo ships

Darkside

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello i would like to build a ship from the new mmo game.

FurySchematics-TOR.jpg

has anybody an idea if its possible to capture the 3d model from the game?
with this i could rework it to get the model right and maybe 3d print some parts.

thanks

thank you for the link

i tryed it several times but it won´t work.

did anybody tryed the same on the game?

It might not work because the HeroEngine doesn't seem to be supported yet in 3D Ripper. There's a list of all the "available" rips here. I would check back there occasionally and try again once they add the HeroEngine. Given the hype for the game, I can't imagine it'll be too long...

Since it´s a pretty simple geometric form you might want to try and rebuild it in a 3D program like Blender. In fact, the geometry seems to lend itself wonderfully to being recreated in Sketchup, since sketchup has a great tool for adjusting the modeling space to one or multiple images and you can build the model easily with only lines and the push/pull tool in Sketchup. You can even use the 3D model to unfold it directly in Sketchup with the Flattery plug in and use that as a basis for a styrene model.

never build a model in sketchup

but i had high hope that the model from the game could be used as in the game exterior scenes this had some more details and stuff. i swa some helmets and other files maybe there will be something in the future.

or i need to scratch build or buy the lego one

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back