old Dune Atreides brass pistol references

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there,

my wife and I are starting to work on the old Dune pistol and looking for more references if possible.
In particular, I read something about the back side of the body having screws or something and would love to get a few refs of that. All we ever find is always from the trigger side.

W2gZ8S1l.jpg

thank you so much for your help.
this is a prop I always loved and we want to do that perfectly!
cheers

I think this is probably a replica, all of the real pistols I know have a slope on the top handle part and it's perfectly aligned with the body here. that plus a few extra weird details with the detailing make me think it's not a real one.
but thank you for your help :)

I hope someone has photos of the back side of a real pistol, I read somewhere about those screws and I would love to have reference of that :) cheers

thanks a lot Division 6!
some of those pics we didn't have! which is weird because those are from the same auction that other I had.
pretty weird that stunt from the back side! we can indeed see very small screws probably, and that they used a mostly rectangular plate that covers the normally angled jonction of the handle with the body. very interesting, thanks!

here is a good pic from that same gun from the trigger side for anyone asking :)
Dune-Atreides-Gun-and-Belt-2.jpg

well, if anyone has any additional picture or info, we are really gratefull for anything that can be shared in order to produce the most accurate replica possible :)
cheers

now, regarding the AH pistol, there is that scene in the movie where you can several very short barrels, so it's possible, they had some basically raw casts that they used as stunt in packed action scenes... I'm just carefull about using anything from AH as references...
short barrels.jpg

for those interested, the pistol that Ed posted last can also be seen in exhibits. sadly, the photos are a bit blurry, but they are much higher definition:
ceb4392472bff2597a2b1d50d8ad760d.jpg

DSC06389.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back