Old AVP Fan film pics

MoviesColin

I was looking through my Photobucket album and came across production pictures from my AVP fanfilm several years ago. It was unfinished but a ton of fun.

Hopefully you will have as much fun looking through these pictures as I did.

SIMG1040.jpg

SIMG1041.jpg

SIMG1042.jpg

SIMG1045.jpg

SIMG1046.jpg

SIMG1148.jpg

SIMG1155.jpg

Alienalmostdone.jpg

Alienalmostdone2.jpg

Alienalmostdone3.jpg

Alienalmostdone4.jpg

AlienBody.jpg

AlienHead1.jpg

AlienHead.jpg

Alienheadfirstcoat.jpg

AlienJawsclosed.jpg

AlienJawsopen.jpg

Alienjawstongueout.jpg

AlienTophalfpainted.jpg

BeautyShot.jpg

DoneAlien.jpg

DoneAlien2.jpg

Faceoff.jpg

Foot1.jpg

NewShoulderPipe.jpg

Ribs.jpg

ShirtBack.jpg

ShirtChest.jpg

SIMG1037.jpg

SIMG1039.jpg

SIMG1043.jpg

SIMG1044.jpg

SIMG1047.jpg

SIMG1049.jpg

SIMG1054.jpg

SIMG1055.jpg

SIMG1056.jpg

SIMG1057.jpg

SIMG1058.jpg

SIMG1129.jpg

Tail.jpg

TailSpike.jpg

Threespecies.jpg

BambiBurster1.jpg

BambiBurster2.jpg

BambiBurster3.jpg

BambiBurster4.jpg

BambiBurstermech.jpg

BambiBursterPainted.jpg

BambiBursterPainted2.jpg

BambiBurstersTeeth.jpg

cbbutton.jpg

cbclosedmouth.jpg

cbdifangle.jpg

cbopenmouth.jpg

Chestburster.jpg

Chestbursterrolledout.jpg

Chestbursterrolledup.jpg

SIMG1281.jpg

SIMG1282.jpg

SIMG1286.jpg

AlienEgg1.jpg

AlienEgg2.jpg

AlienEgg3.jpg

AlienEgg4.jpg

ColoredEgg.jpg

Egg1.jpg

Egg2.jpg

Egg3.jpg

Egg4.jpg

FinishedAlienEgg.jpg

Inspectingtheegg.jpg

Itopened.jpg

WhatsInside.jpg

Meandcompletedegg.jpg

Pedaldetail.jpg

FinishedHugger.jpg

HuggerCloseup.jpg

HuggerDetail.jpg

PhotoshoppedHuggercopy.jpg

RedesignedFacehugger.jpg

RedesignedFacehuggerDetail.jpg

SIMG0522.jpg

SIMG0523.jpg

SIMG0525.jpg

SIMG0528.jpg

SIMG0539.jpg

SIMG0540.jpg

SIMG0543.jpg

Armblade.jpg

BackPack.jpg

Bladescomparison.jpg

Bodysuittop.jpg

BucketOArmor.jpg

CODPiece.jpg

Costume.jpg

Dummy.jpg

FixedMask.jpg

Foot.jpg

Helmet.jpg

Mask.jpg

NewFoot.jpg

SmallerCompletedYoungHunter.jpg

SmallerYoungHunterMasked.jpg

SmallerYoungHunterwithAttitude.jpg

Spear.jpg

Looking through these pics, I wanna give a big thanks to Rob, Ron, Pete, Andrew, and the entire Lair for their support and generosity and tips during my production for this, even though it was never finished.

Wow, that was alot of pics!
Kudos for creating so much things and using stuff that is around the house. The mini-Alien looks rather cute.... haha!
What would the story be about? Except a vs of course.

Kotten

Only about a quarter of the film was shot and edited. There's about 20 minutes of footage on a disk around here...

The story was your typical AVP thing. It was really more of a creature film to kick out some sweet costumes and effects.

Here's the story:

A Predator ship flies over a field and drops a singular egg, from which a Facehugger emerges. At a nearby house, the creature impregnates a dog. The dog returns to the house several hours later, stinking and sleepy. The owner takes it for a bath, but when he leaves the room the Dog-burster emerges and crawls out the window. When the owner returns, he is shocked at the sight of his dead dog.

A group of teenagers playing paintball run into an empty alien egg. They check it out, decide it's a tossed out movie prop and continue on their way home. They get turned around in the woods and get lost, and one of the characters (Ivan) notices a Predator stalking his group. He shoots at it with the paintball gun and chases it down, but runs into the facehugger. It plays dead and he picks it up and gets impregnated.

The rest of the group are trying to track down Ivan. They run into an old alien skin and get freaked out. Another kid, Grant, decides to leave and find his house to call the cops and bring back weapons. Now the sun is setting, and Ivan's dad enters the woods to find his kids. As he enters the woods, Ivan awakes and runs into the others, explaining what happened. Before he can get all his words out, and notices an Alien in the woods and he shoots at it. Startled, the Alien whips around and fires the tongue into Ivan's neck, killing him. As he dies and lies on the ground, the chestburster emerges and skitters off. Ivan's dad enters the group and starts to break down at the sight of his (badly) mutilated son.

On his way back, Grant runs into the Predator, who quickly dispatches him. The group now runs off and finds Grant's decapitated body, and takes the guns, ammo, and flashlights from him. Ivan's dad decides to stay put and take a break, trying to decide a course of action. Without knowing it, the Alien decsends from the tree he's resting on and snatches him up, pulling him into the tree branches and killing him. The body hits the floor and the tree explodes - the Predator is standing a few feet away. The Alien leaps from the tree and swats, but Predator swings his blades. After a quick fight, the Predator ends up slamming the wristblades into a tree, missing the Alien. It hisses and scitters off, and the Predator rips off the blade housing and walks away, cloaking, finding the prey.

The kids investigate the ruptured wristblades, but it is protected by an electrical field. They sit and try to calm themselves, but hear police sirens in the background. The kids almost escape the woods but the Alien blocks the path. It bites one of the kids' legs and stabs him with the tail, and as the kids try to run away, another Alien (Ivan's alien) blocks their exit route. It headbites another kid (now there's only 1 human left) and tosses the body aside, but the alien's head explodes. The Predator leaps from a tree above and throws the body away, kicking the human out of the way as well.

After a long fight, in which the Predator uses his Spear, Shoulder Cannon, and Wristblade (the semi-circular blade), the Alien tears the Pred's mask off and impales him with the tail. As the Predator tries to reach his bomb gauntlet, the Alien rips the tail out and leaves the body to fall on the ground. The remaining human starts to scream for help, at which time the police arrive on the scene and the Alien skitters away. The survivor is taken into the station for questioning and eventually taken by Weyland-Yutani for further questioning - and ultimately a lifetime sentence in their facilities for psychological trauma.

The End!

Thank you!

Yeah the carpet foam was in abundance and it is VERY easy to work with. I would definately use it again. Plus it takes to paint incredibly well.

Hey, hey!! That was one of my favorite threads on the old board. I was blown away because you made all of that yourself (except the Predator mask and shoulder bells). It's cool to see all that stuff again. I bet there are some memories there. Thanks for sharing all those pics with us.

No problem, Rob. Yeah, some great memories.

I had forgotten what a little motivation and some clever camera work can achieve. You don't really need foam latex skins and fiberglass and all that jazz. You just need to tell a story.

I love what I had accomplished there, and even though it wasn't nearly as close to the caliber as it could have been, I think I did well. I'll try to work on grabbing some of the footage and putting it up to show here.

Geez, that's incredible. Looking through builds like this makes me think that I have a tendency to WAY over-engineer and thereby complicate my from-scratch projects. Awesome job!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back